The Beatles Get Back on Disney+

RatDog.Org Message Board
Hedges
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: The Beatles Get Back on Disney+

Post by Hedges » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:33 pm

btw - Day 4 (i think it was) when John came in REALLY late ... :smoke :smoke :smoke
2020 ~ I got a rock ...

ts
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by ts » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:33 am

We're watching with subtitles on. Makes it easier to understand them. Also trying to figure out a way to get Yoko out of the frame.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm

I can't believe we got to listen to a private conversation between John and Paul through a hidden microphone about George leaving the band. Amazing.
We could have us a high time, living the good life

denaz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by denaz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Now that was worth the $8 bucks, wow what an amazing 8 hours of what four amazing (plus Billy!!) musicians can do, just watching the birth of the songs and how they grew into the tunes we love, I am in awe!!
when the going gets weird, weir turns pro

hoffmanmr
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hoffmanmr » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?

rdiberna
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rdiberna » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 am

denaz wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:13 pm
Now that was worth the $8 bucks, wow what an amazing 8 hours of what four amazing (plus Billy!!) musicians can do, just watching the birth of the songs and how they grew into the tunes we love, I am in awe!!
^^^^^This :whoa

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Peter Jackson will be on Colbert tomorrow night Part 2 of interview on the making of. Part 1 from Wednesday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4f12-FOBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49TY4F9Em98
Sometimes people don't seem to want people to be the most they can be... It's nice when people show support for your art and individuality.~ Mark Karan

Hedges
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Hedges » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 am

I still have only watched Part 1 but i still can't stop thinking how cool this is.

Paul clearly is the driving force behind this and watching him build songs on the fly is super cool. He seemed to be the one that took this project to heart as he is continuously bringing in new material.

John just seems uninterested and disengaged throughout this. He brought little to the table, is clearly late every day and the one day he showed up looking like he was smacked out of his skull. He seems more engaged in the afternoons but I always thought there was more lyrical discussions between he and Paul and that doesn't seem like the case.

George is the one that surprised me. He almost comes across as insecure, referring to how maybe they should hire Clapton twice. Paul "I don't want Eric Clapton, i want George Harrison". He seemed to not want to take any direction at all from Paul and seemed to resent it when Paul frequently offered it up.

Ringo is present, he's there at the beginning of the day and constantly engaged with the other members. He seemed like the glue between the other three parties.

Looking forward to Part 2.
2020 ~ I got a rock ...

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:11 am

GDTRFB42 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm
I can't believe we got to listen to a private conversation between John and Paul through a hidden microphone about George leaving the band. Amazing.
That was the best. It showed they knew exactly what was up with George.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Yoko ‘s being a constant presence bothered me. Silent but with dominant energy, barely a smile ever, yet included in the circle as though she was a member of the band, privy to all discussions and musical work. Obviously it was a contingency of John’s being with the band that she be there, and the rest acquiesced. But I don’t understand what went through Lennon’s head thinking her silent presence would be an asset to their creative process.

I’m interested in others’ observations.
Sometimes people don't seem to want people to be the most they can be... It's nice when people show support for your art and individuality.~ Mark Karan

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:36 pm

Silent
There was one particular scene when she was defiantly not silent and singing. It was cringe worthy.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations

- Gord Downie

Hedges
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Hedges » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:58 pm

Tiny Dancer wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm
Yoko ‘s being a constant presence bothered me. Silent but with dominant energy, barely a smile ever, yet included in the circle as though she was a member of the band, privy to all discussions and musical work. Obviously it was a contingency of John’s being with the band that she be there, and the rest acquiesced. But I don’t understand what went through Lennon’s head thinking her silent presence would be an asset to their creative process.

I’m interested in others’ observations.
i found it interesting that as the days went on the other wives started showing up as well (with the exception of Patty Boyd who was probably with Clapton).

My guess is they were well aware that Yoko would be there. Wasn't she around during the making of the whole White Album ?
2020 ~ I got a rock ...

Chez
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Chez » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Paul's comments about Yoko made it seem like she was mostly a non-issue. Although it did crack me up bigtime when he said that one line about "50 years from now, people will talk about how Yoko broke up The Beatles" (or something to that effect).
"Being anti-racist is not political, it is being a decent human being."

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:41 pm

Chez wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:15 pm
Paul's comments about Yoko made it seem like she was mostly a non-issue. Although it did crack me up bigtime when he said that one line about "50 years from now, people will talk about how Yoko broke up The Beatles" (or something to that effect).
That 50 years line really jumped out.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations

- Gord Downie

jack straw
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jack straw » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Some of the scenes are a bit disjointed.
A lot of one second shots while jumping to another scene which are out of context. For example there are times when they are talking and the camera switches to John or George but you can clearly see they are not in the same position as when Paul is talking in the same scene.
A daunting task for Mr. Jackson I am sure
Really wild to get inside the genesis of these songs
It is interesting to keep in mind that George, John and Ringo are quite guarded in their speaking , I am betting it is because of the cameras. This leaves the vast majority of dialogue only done by Paul who doesn't shy away at all.
Paul's talent is very recognizable indeed. However it leaves me wondering if this isn't a bit of revisionist history done by who is left alive. John and George may have viewed this as rubbish. We will really never know.
Being a bit of a musician myself I do find it fascinating but still a bit of long hard watch and we are only on the first episode. Maybe some more editing would have made it more palatable for the average fans or new comers.
Definitely an interesting fly on the wall perspective but a grain of salt should be applied when digesting it for those reasons.
Amazing music produced in such a short time.

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:01 pm

A lot of one second shots while jumping to another scene which are out of context. For example there are times when they are talking and the camera switches to John or George but you can clearly see they are not in the same position as when Paul is talking in the same scene.
Ah, they explained that at the very beginning of the film.

They had something like 60 hours of video and a 120 hours of audio. When they wanted to use audio that they didn't have the corresponding video, they used something close to it. Makes for a little weirdness when you watch it.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations

- Gord Downie

weironourown2
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by weironourown2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Wish more focus/screen time on Paul/George/Ringo's faces when John announced that Yoko was officially divorced - but I guess that's - in part - what the extended version will be for.

One of the things that I really enjoyed about the third part (and perhaps wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't seen the first two) was the reaction in the streets and how the beatles blended in with their surroundings (to include conservatively dressed roadies).

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:21 pm

Do you have a link to info on the extended cut? Or is this a guess?

weironourown2
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by weironourown2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:39 pm

I did read somewhere that there will be an extended cut; however, I have no idea when it will be released nor the content.

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:15 am

I never realized how much of the lead guitar is played by Lennon. I always assumed that was primarily Harrison.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations

- Gord Downie