Ticket drops

RatDog.Org Message Board
GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Ticket drops

Post by GDTRFB42 » Sun May 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Clearly, a lot of these venues didn't sell many tickets to begin with (I'm looking at you, Cincinnati) and there's going to be drops at some point. The unsold VIPs and Platinums will go to face value the week of the show like always, but has anyone had success with a random TM drop before then?

I'm going to be checking frequently since I'm working from home anyway. And I know TM drops them but was hoping to pinpoint a timeframe.

FYI...there's still face value pits left for the Virginia show. They're pricey but face. Not the Platinum bullshit.
We could have us a high time, living the good life

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Ticket drops

Post by thinman » Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 pm

I’ve had amazing success with random ticket drops in the past. I know I’ll be sitting in Sec. 102 for WPB. You gotta check TM periodically. Someone on this board usually posts something if there’s a ticket drop. Also, most ticket drops and VIP seats are released about 2-3 weeks before the show. At least this was the procedure pre-Covid.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Typically the drops are in order of the dates. So whenever it happens for Raleigh, Bristow will be a day later, then Citi Field the next day and so on. I've done well with this schedule in the past for shows I go to.

But it seems like there were a lot of places where tickets never went on sale to begin with. I've only glanced at Stubhub but numbers there look to be down compared to what they normally are. Although I haven't looked at NYC and Philly, there's probably a shitload for those shows.

TM is pushing the Platinum tickets hard right now. If you look at the Tampa map, there's scattered singles for face value, but two seats beside each other always have the Platinum price, even if they're BEHIND the singles that are face. Pretty sure TM is scalping their own "verified resale" tickets too.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:06 am

Glanced at some Ticketmaster maps today and noticed some previously "sold out" shows now have rows of Platinum seats available. These are the ones that are priced based on demand and will be changed to face value as the show nears.

If you're still waiting for tickets, keep an eye on Ticketmaster.

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:56 am

The cheapest seat under the roof for WPB is going for $239. There is absolutely no way possible that EVERY SINGLE seat in that huge pavilion is sold out. I expect a lot of rows to be opening up soon. The only tickets that are going for normal face value are the Lawns.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:10 pm

I got through the queue immediately for Cincinnati during the general onsale and there was absolutely nothing in the pavilion available. Up until today there's only been scattered "Verified Fan Resale" tickets but today there's about 100 or so Platinum tickets there. Full rows and a couple half rows. You can tell they were strategically released. Bethel is the same way, and I know there was not much there previously. Darien has a lot of Platinum tickets too, although I'm not sure what that map looked like beforehand.

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 pm

They are trying new shit. I saw platinum bs go down about 50% with a hotel room tossed in for two. I think they are really trying to figure out a way to not for from VIP to standard right away

filbert
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by filbert » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Last time out I was able to upgrade my mid-pavillion seats to first 5 rows at both blossom and darien the week before the show (not earlier) as the pricy VIP packages that didn't sell were placed at regular face. If you want to be upfront you have to check TM regularly and there will likely only be a few seats available. This year seems different with a lot of pent up demand and still relatively few big acts on the road. I'm thinking the pavillions which look sold out/close to sold out may well be a tough ticket particularly if the boys show up with their A game.

fryguy1000
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by fryguy1000 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Pit prices dropped but have gone back significantly in the past week. Dallas was $240, now $286. Hartford was under $300, now over $400. I’m talking Platinum, not VIP.

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:38 pm

For Sure wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 pm
They are trying new shit. I saw platinum bs go down about 50% with a hotel room tossed in for two. I think they are really trying to figure out a way to not for from VIP to standard right away
This! They are definitely trying out some new strategies and looking for ways to go from top price platinum/VIP to regular face. It’s really just a waiting game nowadays. Each side is waiting to see who gives in first.
What a horrible way to nurture a business relationship with customers.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Here's a frustrating TicketBastard story:

I recently grabbed some tickets for TTB on a Saturday night at the Beacon.

Ticketmaster showed the show practically sold out. Just some scattered seats at ridiculous prices. So I went to stub hub where there were plenty of tickets for better prices. I was able to grab center lower balcony row c for $130. That’s way below face for what ABB used to get up there. (They used to ask $180 for these great seats.) Excellent seats for a very fair price before some obnoxious fees.

Here’s the rub…. Two things. 1, the fees brought it up to about $180 per ticket LOL. And 2, stub hub said the seller would notify me when the seller transfers the tickets (...and the seller has until October to do so). A minute later I got a notification from Ticketmaster saying THEY are the seller and they transferred the tickets. From Ticketmaster.

Bastards.

But the good news: we’re going to TTB at the Beacon!

I'm guessing since TM works directly with the venues/artists, they have to appear on the up and up - but StubHub does not, so TM can funnel the tickets to SH and then jack up the price.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

indyjohn32
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by indyjohn32 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:00 pm

Also, this seems so stupid for the bands. You act like all the good seats(or all the seats) are gone and so yeah some people pay more but a lot cant and wont. Then they buy tickets to other shows instead thinking they cant afford the show or there are no seats. So when they do release tickets for many its too late.
We all know how they work but from the bands standpoint it doesnt seem like the best idea if you are trying to sell these shows out. Seems great for the ticket companies

JonDupee
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by JonDupee » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:48 pm

indyjohn32 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:00 pm
Also, this seems so stupid for the bands. You act like all the good seats(or all the seats) are gone and so yeah some people pay more but a lot cant and wont. Then they buy tickets to other shows instead thinking they cant afford the show or there are no seats. So when they do release tickets for many its too late.
We all know how they work but from the bands standpoint it doesnt seem like the best idea if you are trying to sell these shows out. Seems great for the ticket companies
Who do you think gets the money?

indyjohn32
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by indyjohn32 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:53 pm

I feel like yes they may get more on average per ticket but less overall tickets sold. Thats why i said for the band it doesnt make sense to me. A lot of fans are turned off by all this fuckery.

filbert
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by filbert » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:10 pm

It's just as corrupt as always, technology just makes it easier for TM to grab the $ instead of individuals. I remember getting tickets for pink floyd in the mid-80s at the ticketron outlet in penn station under the garden. We were 10th in line and the best seats were already gone but the scalper standing next to the ticket window had the hard tickets in hand.

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:32 pm

indyjohn32 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:53 pm
I feel like yes they may get more on average per ticket but less overall tickets sold. Thats why i said for the band it doesnt make sense to me. A lot of fans are turned off by all this fuckery.
The band doesn’t really know or care what’s going on with ticket sales. When they take their bow at the end of a show it always looks packed from the stage. They get paid a guaranteed sum of money for so many shows. Somehow people make their way in. Live Nation gives absolutely zero fucks about the process of selling tickets and the experience of the buyers/concert goers. They see dollar signs $$$. What’s the most effective and efficient way to squeeze as much out while diminishing the quality of the concert experience? It really is a turn off and it’s not just about the ridiculous fees or costs.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:26 am

filbert wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:44 pm
Last time out I was able to upgrade my mid-pavillion seats to first 5 rows at both blossom and darien the week before the show (not earlier) as the pricy VIP packages that didn't sell were placed at regular face. If you want to be upfront you have to check TM regularly and there will likely only be a few seats available. This year seems different with a lot of pent up demand and still relatively few big acts on the road. I'm thinking the pavillions which look sold out/close to sold out may well be a tough ticket particularly if the boys show up with their A game.
I've done this a couple times in the past but don't remember the process. I think I called before but seems like TM's whittled down their staff and chat support is the best way to contact them. Did you just contact them and direct them on the map to the tickets you wanted beforehand? I definitely don't want to go through the process of trying to get ahold of a human being on the phone.

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:13 pm

I wonder is demand is down given the circumstances.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:35 pm

St. Louis Platinum PIT tickets are down $61 from what I paid on the first day of sales. They have been down in price for the past three weeks. Platinum is the ticket only.

terrapin710
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by terrapin710 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:10 pm

i miss calico and the whole
GDTS bunch!
"Love what you do and do what you love...
...imagination should be the center of your life."