Ticket drops

RatDog.Org Message Board
indyjohn32
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Ticket drops

Post by indyjohn32 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 am

I noticed on phish at deer creek they still had platinum tickets all the way until show time i think. I looked day of the show and they were still all platinum in the lower pavillion at least

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:03 pm

rugles wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:24 am
GDTRFB42 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:33 am
If Sonny Corleone would've had EZ-Pass in his car he could've avoided Barzini's hitmen and rolled through that toll booth unscathed to beat the shit out of Carlo.

^My favorite Onion story of all time.
I want to know what kind of highway in New Jersey has no traffic during the daytime.
Probably because everyone else had EZ-Pass and rolled quickly through the toll booth except for Sonny. Surprised the Corleone family didn't have that 1941 Lincoln fitted with an EZ-Pass transponder and GPS.
We could have us a high time, living the good life

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:07 pm

indyjohn32 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 am
I noticed on phish at deer creek they still had platinum tickets all the way until show time i think. I looked day of the show and they were still all platinum in the lower pavillion at least
Thanks for the heads up. I guess they've changed their methods with those overpriced tickets. You'd think they'd lower them at some point just to get people into the venue. Even if it's discounted they can still sell them overpriced food and $15 beers. Ticketmaster and Live Nation are one and the same anyway.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:40 pm

I just don’t understand how there can be so many tickets available online and then you get to the venue on the show always looks so full.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:48 pm

stellablue72 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:40 pm
I just don’t understand how there can be so many tickets available online and then you get to the venue on the show always looks so full.
I have been thinking exactly that for a few years. Are there that many walkups to big shows?
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

indyjohn32
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by indyjohn32 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:52 pm

I think there are a lot of walkups but also if there are empty seats people will take them even if they have to sneak in from the lawn. I think that accounts for most of the pavillion seats that are not sold. I do think most are sold by showtime but not all of them

denaz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by denaz » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:11 pm

So Wednesday section 1 and 3 for Raleigh seats became available for $177 a piece, not platinum as there were for a few days, tried to buy a couple, and kept on getting an error message 0002, kept trying and trying and finally got the message another fan beat me to those seats, then a couple of hours later the seats returned but red/pink resale seats and someone wanting $389 a seat, there are a few blue seats available that are platinum priced, $279 to $330 in the front sections, and I keep on hoping they will drop the price a bit before show time
when the going gets weird, weir turns pro

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Tickets everywhere on Facebook for these dead$co shows

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:28 pm

"tickets everywhere" means someone already purchased those. I'm more curious about the ones that appear to not have been sold yet

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:56 pm

Raleigh now has standard priced tickets available in the lower pavilion. Still some Platinums mixed in closer to the stage, with even more Verified Fan tickets added, but the drop finally happened. And there's also more regular price tickets in the upper pavilion. A couple full rows lol

So there ya go. Three days was the sweet spot. We'll see if it holds true for the rest of the shows.

ts
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by ts » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:26 am

Bethel has some lawn VFR's for $65. Rest of it still crazy prices.

denaz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by denaz » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Scored my Raleigh tix!! Worth the wait
when the going gets weird, weir turns pro

indyjohn32
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by indyjohn32 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Jiffy lube live just released most or all of the tickets. Tons available, some are still platinum but many are standard price $177 + fees and pits for face! Maybe two days is gonna be the drop. We shall see

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Wow! $215 for 4th row behind the pit DFC. And there must be 12 of em in that row alone. Hundreds of seats open.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:41 am

Bristow has been undersold since day one. You could get into that show for free probably. It's the one show of the tour Ticketmaster didn't have to pull any bullshit with.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:30 am

TONS of great seats for face on TM right now for Bristow. Wow.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:47 am

After checking like a fiend daily for a few weeks, I secured 5th row dead center for both St. Louis and Cincinnati this week for face. $177.50 plus fees each. But I haven't done jack shit for over a year so I'm OK with it.

If you're going to any of the 4 shed shows in October but haven't bought tickets, be patient. Cincinnati showed zero face value tickets up until a few weeks ago. Once their algorithm figures out no one's buying the Platinum tickets, they'll eventually drop them to face. Probably around 3-4 days before the show date. In the past it was a week before the show, but they're pushing them for as long as they can this year.

I wish I would've waited for Deer Creek. I got pretty good pavilions for that show but I may upgrade once TM drops Platinums to face.

weironourown2
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by weironourown2 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:26 am

Looking like real nice weather (both before, during, and after) for Cincinnati for Saturday Looks like lots of seats available.
Last edited by weironourown2 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:42 pm

GDTRFB42 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:47 am
After checking like a fiend daily for a few weeks, I secured 5th row dead center for both St. Louis and Cincinnati this week for face. $177.50 plus fees each. But I haven't done jack shit for over a year so I'm OK with it.

If you're going to any of the 4 shed shows in October but haven't bought tickets, be patient. Cincinnati showed zero face value tickets up until a few weeks ago. Once their algorithm figures out no one's buying the Platinum tickets, they'll eventually drop them to face. Probably around 3-4 days before the show date. In the past it was a week before the show, but they're pushing them for as long as they can this year.

I wish I would've waited for Deer Creek. I got pretty good pavilions for that show but I may upgrade once TM drops Platinums to face.
You did damn good! I paid $360 plus fees for my pit ticket for the St. Louis show. I knew I should have waited until a week before the show to buy my ticket. But I got caught up in the moment the first day tickets went on sale. Lesson learned.

Giving you a heads up that the venue in St. Louis is cashless. They only take credit/debit cards. Also if your going to buy beer inside the venue bring a koozie with you to the show. Don't let your overpriced beer get warm. The weather forecast for this Monday in St. Louis is sunny skies with temps in the low 90s.

GDTRFB42
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GDTRFB42 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:44 pm

^Thanks for the heads-up on the venue. I noticed the forecast looked hot but hopefully the humidity is low. I live in Kentucky so I know the heat is like being in a sauna during the summer. I think it'll be a comfortable 90 (hopefully).