so covid...

RatDog.Org Message Board
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

so covid...

Post by For Sure » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:43 pm

see the yanks have it, again, they are supposedly 85% vaxxed? See that 1000 tested + from the music fest in Netehrlands? most vaxxed. See RIch Eisen from NFL came down with it, has pfizer x 2. the shit looks to be rebounding in spite of high vax rates? Not sure what it means, but it seems to be becoming a thing again relatively fast. I have taken to wearing a mask again in public, people look at me like Im crazy. of course they may just think im not vaxxed?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgntp

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/71 ... t/2429550/

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus ... ns-uptick/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covid-b ... ation.html

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: so covid...

Post by thinman » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:26 pm

One of our county commissioners who was a big presence at press conferences at the Surfside Condo tragedy site just tested positive. He was vaccinated back in March. The rescue efforts at the site may have been a super spreader. News hasn’t followed up on whether others have tested positive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcmia ... 834/%3famp

KEZHEAD
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by KEZHEAD » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Not much to say on this topic other than I’ve got two doses of moderna and I still wear a mask while food shopping or at my local Wawa
I still keep hand sanitizer in my car
Better safe than sorry
Dodging lions and a-wasting time
In memory of ChiefScott

friki
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by friki » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:27 am

I'm calling this Phase 2 of COVID. Phase 1 was pre-vac, Phase 2 is post vax. Because we will not reach vax levels high enough to prevent spread, Phase 2 will be long......

From what I can find on Pfizer (what we got so what I pay attention to), 2 shots seems to give about 88 % protection from getting COVID and 96% from hospitalization and pretty much 100% from death.

All of which means we will continue so see vaccinated people get COVID, some get sick, and occasionally, someone die.

With 350+ million of us running around, on any given day you will be able to point to multiple stories of breakthrough cases among vaxed people. Phase 2.

For us, we are vaccinated and are going about our lives. We might get it, but if we do it is not likely to get us very sick and it ain't going to kill us.

Your milage may vary.

RATDOG ROCKS OR STFU.

rdiberna
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rdiberna » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:29 am

its going to be crazy by the fall, then instead of an insurgence on our CAPITAL, they will storm the vax sites looking finally get vaccinated. I commute to Manhattan everyday wearing my masks even though I got 2x Pfizer in April 😷😷😷

JonDupee
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by JonDupee » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:33 am

People die from the flu every year too. No one ever said that the vaccine was %100 effective. All the people getting really sick from the Delta variant have not been vaccinated. The press will just not stop whipping this up. Bottom line if you are vaccinated you may get it but your not gonna die.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:28 am

RATDOG ROCKS OR STFU
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:41 am

my work just lifted the mask restriction this monday 7/12

before that the only place that i HAD to wear a mask were a dr office or hospital - which i was/ still am ok with

i sometimes still wear one in the supermarket or wally world but that's about it...and its my choice to or not

i have been to a few outdoor shows that dont require a mask, but they were either pods or table seats & not really congested getting in or in drink & port o potty lines

all i got

keep on truckin'
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

7/2 Warren
7/30 & 31 JGB NH
8/22 JRAD Boston
9/2 Deadco Mansfield
11/20 Neighbor Portland
11/27 Neighbor Concord
12/4 TTB Boston
1/22 Gilmore Project Tupelo
4/24 Robin Trower Tupelo

zimmy jr
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by zimmy jr » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 am

rdiberna wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:29 am
....they will storm the vax sites looking finally get vaccinated.
No they won't ~ for them this covid nonsense is a conspiracy whipped up by that cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles ~ you know, the ones running that global child sex trafficking ring who did all they could to destroy Trump's presidency. Those guys.

friki
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by friki » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:30 am

Oh, and just so we're following the bouncing ball here, Phase 3 will be when there is a new variant that is not impacted by the vaccines. Then it's back to the bunkers.

That was thing thing with the plague (not comparing except for this), it kept coming back. They would get it out of town x or country y and it would come back a year later. It was probably mutating but they didn't have the science toys we do now.

RATDOG RAWKS OR STFU.

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:34 am

I'm so fucking tired of talking about covid.

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 am

JonDupee wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:33 am
People die from the flu every year too. No one ever said that the vaccine was %100 effective. All the people getting really sick from the Delta variant have not been vaccinated. The press will just not stop whipping this up. Bottom line if you are vaccinated you may get it but your not gonna die.
Thank you.

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:37 am

Just checked the NYT map that shows where the covid cases are highest..

Missouri and Arkansas. Two of the dumbest states in the USA.

Sprinkle in a little Texas and Florida

/thread

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:11 am

friki wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:27 am
I'm calling this Phase 2 of COVID. Phase 1 was pre-vac, Phase 2 is post vax. Because we will not reach vax levels high enough to prevent spread, Phase 2 will be long......

From what I can find on Pfizer (what we got so what I pay attention to), 2 shots seems to give about 88 % protection from getting COVID and 96% from hospitalization and pretty much 100% from death.

All of which means we will continue so see vaccinated people get COVID, some get sick, and occasionally, someone die.

With 350+ million of us running around, on any given day you will be able to point to multiple stories of breakthrough cases among vaxed people. Phase 2.

For us, we are vaccinated and are going about our lives. We might get it, but if we do it is not likely to get us very sick and it ain't going to kill us.

Your milage may vary.

RATDOG ROCKS OR STFU.
I saw the cdc numbers last night for post vax hospitalization and death. The appear to be a bit higher than the anticipated %, but I think that the higher % don’t kick in until we reach the + 65 crowd. So does “going on with your life” mean you wear a mask in crowds or no? I was just getting use to not wearing one, but think I’m going back to wearing them in public full time.

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:13 am

Beyond Description wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 am
JonDupee wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:33 am
Thank you.
This is false, but what ever gets you through the night. As posted above, the older or unhealthier you are the more likely you will die or require hospitalization, even if vaxxed
Last edited by For Sure on Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:20 am

Beyond Description wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:34 am
I'm so fucking tired of talking about covid.
I get it, but A lot of us are going to concerts this summer with thousands of people. Figured this is a relevant topic to discuss with this in mind. A few days ago I wouldn’t have worn a mask at these shows, but as I’m educating my self on the topic I believe that it would be smarter to wear one. Maybe that will change as more info comes in.

My point with pointing out the dude from the nfl network...he is mid 50s, had both vax and is saying he is sick as hell, believing it that if wasn’t vaxxed he would be dead, that’s how bad he feels. I’m not looking to feel that shitty anytime soon

Mike In Philly
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Mike In Philly » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:26 am

Someone in the Foo Fighters organization came down with it after shutting out non vaxxed fans from their shows.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/foo-fight ... d-19-case/

TIMMY
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by TIMMY » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:31 am

zimmy jr wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 am
rdiberna wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:29 am
....they will storm the vax sites looking finally get vaccinated.
No they won't ~ for them this covid nonsense is a conspiracy whipped up by that cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles ~ you know, the ones running that global child sex trafficking ring who did all they could to destroy Trump's presidency. Those guys.
the pizza place :whoa
timmy

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am

Mike In Philly wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:26 am
Someone in the Foo Fighters organization came down with it after shutting out non vaxxed fans from their shows.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/foo-fight ... d-19-case/
Have to imagine it’s going to be tough to get through a tour without anyone getting it. Going to have to implement series practices to keep every one in the band and crew coved free.

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am

Of course there's going to be a surge now that we're opening back up. The key is to look at the trends and where it's occuring. And why it's occuring. Then, take action.