RatDog.Org Message Board
passin' through
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: so covid...

Post by passin' through » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:52 pm

Beyond Description wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:49 pm
No shutdown of indoor events or dining. We cannot go through that again. Deaths and hospitalizations are far lower than before.
Perhaps that's true where you live. We are currently setting record levels for both hospitalizations and deaths locally.

FaceOnMars
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by FaceOnMars » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:07 pm

thinman wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 pm
Governor also announced that the state will WITHHOLD FUNDING to school districts that enforce mask mandates.
At what point does the federal government intervene in states that have effectively become unnecessary and reckless killing machines?

Ulysses S. Grant to the Senate of the United States:
January 13, 1875: Message Regarding Intervention in Louisiana

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency ... -louisiana
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

~ John Adams

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:08 pm

You dont get cancelled for despising political correctness .
You do get cancelled if you are Charlie Rose .
'Time has come to weigh those things' RH

weironourown2
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by weironourown2 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm

You dont get cancelled for despising political correctness .
You do get cancelled if you are Charlie Rose .
Unfortunately, George is no longer around. Would have enjoyed to hear his commentary on today. Disagree with you on the cancel culture but it doesn't have to do with Covid.
ETA:
A website that I frequented before Covid that does a good job of covering it - has two main threads each morning at 7 (entitled 'Links month/day/21') and at 2 pm - '2:000 PM Water Cooler x/x/21') with links - especially the afternoon post. Be warned - the site leans left (don't want to get into politics but there it is). I think that most folks here will like the site. https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/08 ... -2021.html It does keep track of Covid stuff in its daily links. If anyone has any other sites on Covid - please share them.
Last edited by weironourown2 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

passin' through
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by passin' through » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:39 pm

You get cancelled when your act isn't selling anymore.

mossismyrice
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by mossismyrice » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Many suggest that the vaccinated people are rarely getting severely ill or hospitalized. Apparently, over 98% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated.

Has anyone heard otherwise? (please post related link where appropriate)

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm

small sample size, but yea

About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated, according to new data published Friday by the CDC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

This is the key statement to me:
also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals.

So I don't want to hear unvaxxed need to wear masks, stay away, blah blah...it makes no difference to the vaccinated person what the unvaxxed does. We all can pass it, period. The unaxxed is only going to have a harder time beating it. That's it. Of course the unvaxxed are keeping this thing around longer and perhaps making it stronger, but short term, one on one, it makes no difference to me (vaccinated) what the non vaxxed person does. Making people believe the non-vaccinated person is more of a risk to be around is faulty information or just meant to divide people. The non-vaxxed person is only hurting themselves. We all can still catch it and we can all pass it.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said recent studies had shown that those vaccinated individuals who do become infected with Covid have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated, making it possible for them to spread the virus to others

Mary Poppins
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Mary Poppins » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Steve Kimock FB post:
As we gear up for 2 shows at Ardmore Music Hall this weekend, we want to share the decision made by all of the participating artists. These decisions will help ensure the artists are safe and can stay on tour, they will also keep the venue staff healthy, and give the venue the best chance of staying open.
Masks will be mandatory on Friday & Saturday PLUS a proof of vaccination, (in the form of a vaccine card or a legible photo of a vaccine card) OR a copy or photocopy of a Negative COVID-19 Test within 72 hours of show time. Refunds will be issued for those who, for any reason, are unable to provide proof of either one.
This is for the safety of all involved and we can't wait to see you on the Ardmore's brand new dance floor!!

Lazygate
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Lazygate » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Fuck that. Masks at a concert. Fuck off.

Go ahead deadheads make sure to wear deadhead masks and swirl to scarlet begonias.

Wtf

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:05 pm

passin' through wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:52 pm
Beyond Description wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:49 pm
No shutdown of indoor events or dining. We cannot go through that again. Deaths and hospitalizations are far lower than before.
Perhaps that's true where you live. We are currently setting record levels for both hospitalizations and deaths locally.
I hope we can all come together here and work to fix this the best we can.

FaceOnMars
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by FaceOnMars » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:05 am

For Sure wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm
This is the key statement to me:
also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals.

So I don't want to hear unvaxxed need to wear masks, stay away, blah blah...it makes no difference to the vaccinated person what the unvaxxed does. We all can pass it, period. The unaxxed is only going to have a harder time beating it. That's it. Of course the unvaxxed are keeping this thing around longer and perhaps making it stronger, but short term, one on one, it makes no difference to me (vaccinated) what the non vaxxed person does. Making people believe the non-vaccinated person is more of a risk to be around is faulty information or just meant to divide people. The non-vaxxed person is only hurting themselves. We all can still catch it and we can all pass it.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said recent studies had shown that those vaccinated individuals who do become infected with Covid have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated, making it possible for them to spread the virus to others
I see your point about both populations having the same chance of spreading it without a mask, but why shouldn't this information compel us to enact stricter mask mandates for everyone? Why should those who are obstinate about masks and vaccines get to "run the show" in so far as calling for more lax public health measures?

"Keeping it around longer" holds no guarantees as to the ultimate cost ... who's to say a new variant might not be more severe in terms of breakthroughs and serious or deadly outcomes?

I think it's fair for people to elect not to get the vax, but as something that we're all in together shouldn't we all have some level of responsibility to do our part to end it sooner than later before more undesirable outcomes come to pass?
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

~ John Adams

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:55 am

I ditched cable TV , but apparently my daughter was interviewed on MSNBC today about NYC's indoor policy . She runs a coffee roastery shop in Brooklyn .
She has dealt with serious BS from a selfish , degenerate public.
One shitbird posted video of himself harrasing her entire staff til she came out. I wanted to kill him with my own hands .

Dad
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Dad » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:43 am

Rutil8ed wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:55 am
One shitbird posted video of himself harrasing her entire staff til she came out. I wanted to kill him with my own hands .
Well it’s like the old saying about courtrooms

When you don’t have the facts on your side yell a lot and bang on the table

SunshineSue
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 am

Rutil8ed wrote:
I ditched cable TV , but apparently my daughter was interviewed on MSNBC today about NYC's indoor policy . She runs a coffee roastery shop in Brooklyn .
I'm pretty sure I saw her on that segment and had a huge amount of sympathy for her! She came across as very on top of things, despite all the a-holes she's dealing with right now. Please tell her my fingers are crossed for her and every other business dealing with the covidiots out there!!

I'm back in a mask indoors and in crowds outdoors now, despite being fully vaccinated, and have again gone back to take-out only from restaurants. It was fun being normal while it lasted, but Delta is a real bitch. What an ugly roller coaster we're all on! #-o

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:10 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 am
Rutil8ed wrote:
I'm pretty sure I saw her on that segment and had a huge amount of sympathy for her! She came across as very on top of things, despite all the a-holes she's dealing with right now. Please tell her my fingers are crossed for her and every other business dealing with the covidiots out there!!

I'm back in a mask indoors and in crowds outdoors now, despite being fully vaccinated, and have again gone back to take-out only from restaurants. It was fun being normal while it lasted, but Delta is a real bitch. What an ugly roller coaster we're all on! #-o
Thanks ! The highs are really high for her in the coffee world . She's a really well regarded roaster. Denaz from here tried her coffee and liked it a lot. Chris Thile lives in the neighborhood and is her buddy. She was interviewed on the last episode of Live From Here at her roaster. She truly believes in giving young people a decent job that pays reasonably well. At the beginning of Covid, they made her fire 50 people. All of them cried.

She has fought the good fight for a long time now. In my heart, I'm at the point where I just pray she will end this and get a job with real health insurance and vacation that she can actually take. 99% of the people bitching about labor shortages are selfish, shortsighted shitheads. The jobs out there suck.

ts
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by ts » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:07 pm

Lazygate wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Go ahead deadheads make sure to wear deadhead masks and swirl to scarlet begonias.

Wtf
Dead and Co fans are called deadheads? I thought they were all doggies and Mayerheads. :ratdog

seanoc
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by seanoc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Boulder, Fox and Aggie Theaters in CO are now requiring either evidence of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours prior to the event for entry.

Good for them!

dave570
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dave570 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:29 pm

So who is eager to get spit on by Bobby at an upcoming show?
Phish - Dec 28, 30 MSG

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:53 pm

Lazygate wrote:

Wtf
I don't understand why. What's the big deal? Does it hurt you that much to wear a mask? Seems to me your ire is more of a political statement than anything else. I mean, masks keep people safe - you AND those around you. If you don't want to keep yourself safe, wear it for the sake of those around you. If you don't care about other people either, that's your right. Stay home. Just seems a weird reason to sit out of a concert.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:02 pm

stellablue72 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Lazygate wrote:

Wtf
I don't understand why. What's the big deal? Does it hurt you that much to wear a mask? Seems to me your ire is more of a political statement than anything else. I mean, masks keep people safe - you AND those around you. If you don't want to keep yourself safe, wear it for the sake of those around you. If you don't care about other people either, that's your right. Stay home. Just seems a weird reason to sit out of a concert.
People that don't care about people are NOT staying home. Also, they are seeking health care and burdening those professionals when they wind up with the pandemic of the stupid. I know you know that. I had to put O2 on a handful of folks in the early days of Covid. It is eye opening. Many folks are walking around with blindfolds though.