so covid...

RatDog.Org Message Board
Post Reply
thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 pm

Re: so covid...

Post by thinman » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Los Angeles is now requiring masks be worn at all events...including Dodger Stadium and Hollywood Bowl.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/17/arts ... ndate.html

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:49 pm

Beyond Description wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 am
All you SE USA folks, what's it like down there right now?
In Raleigh since Saturday everyone wears a mask indoors. My brother came up to ny from FL to help in my move to NC and noted that mask wearing was significantly less in western ny vs fL gulf. Same case with NC.

User avatar
KC.Jones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:26 am
Location: West LA

Re: so covid...

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm

thinman wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:52 pm
Los Angeles is now requiring masks be worn at all events...including Dodger Stadium and Hollywood Bowl.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/17/arts ... ndate.html
Case numbers here have leveled off and the positivity rate is way down from where it was a few weeks ago. Hopefully these mandates will be lifted by the time they're here at the end of October

EDIT: realized I didn't specify I was talking specifically about LA
Last edited by KC.Jones on Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

analog
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:19 am

Re: so covid...

Post by analog » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Jjarvis3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:04 pm
Thanks. Anyone use the Bindle thing?
Tried. It doesn't seem to work. "Invalid phone number" for the phone I was using that it's valid for and then, after uploading everything it asks for including the vax card, comes up Prescreen: Fail

They clearly haven't worked out the bugs

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:51 am

As I was saying...aside from the macro level shit that this will never go away if everyone doesn’t get vaccinated, it makes no difference as to who spreads or catches it. Unless we are looking to protect the unvaccinated from themselves, there is no point in keeping unvaccinated awY from vaccinated. It has no impact on the vaccinated. We both spread it equally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/double-jabbe ... 26657.html

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:52 am

analog wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Jjarvis3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:04 pm
Thanks. Anyone use the Bindle thing?
Tried. It doesn't seem to work. "Invalid phone number" for the phone I was using that it's valid for and then, after uploading everything it asks for including the vax card, comes up Prescreen: Fail

They clearly haven't worked out the bugs
My cousin used it no problem to get in Raleigh. I used ny wallet

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:54 am

Jjarvis3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 am
Do you need to show the actual Vaccination Record (little folded card thing showing the Vax dates) or will they accept a cell phone picture of the card? Anyone know?
Download the NYS wallet app, assuming you are still in nys. They accepted that in NC on Monday from me and my wife

User avatar
Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 9371
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Waitsfield

Re: so covid...

Post by Beyond Description » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:16 am

Mississippi now out of ICU beds

Booster shots on deck for smart people

User avatar
pmcall1
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: so covid...

Post by pmcall1 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:01 am

For Sure wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:51 am
As I was saying...aside from the macro level shit that this will never go away if everyone doesn’t get vaccinated, it makes no difference as to who spreads or catches it. Unless we are looking to protect the unvaccinated from themselves, there is no point in keeping unvaccinated awY from vaccinated. It has no impact on the vaccinated. We both spread it equally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/double-jabbe ... 26657.html
Yeah ForSure, it does feel like this point is getting lost in the conversational noise of mandates and schools, and testing.

Except, vaccinated are less likely to get hospitalized and die from COVID. So the point (unless you are full fledged Darwinist, not saying there is anything wrong with that) in keeping the vaxxed and unvaxxed apart is to protect the unvaccinated.
Remember it's Life then liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:38 am

No question. My concern is they are giving vaccinated people a false sense of security. “Oh the pit contains all vaccinated people, I’m good”. That isn’t the case. Even in a room full of vaccinated people you can get it, spread it, get sick from it, etc…. Obviously you are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off vs unvaccinated, but one should still take precautions. Man I hope this wave passes fast.

Jjarvis3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: so covid...

Post by Jjarvis3 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 pm

For Sure wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:54 am
Jjarvis3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 am
Do you need to show the actual Vaccination Record (little folded card thing showing the Vax dates) or will they accept a cell phone picture of the card? Anyone know?
Download the NYS wallet app, assuming you are still in nys. They accepted that in NC on Monday from me and my wife
Thanks, I appreciate it. Still here in NY.
Glad you got down to the opener!

User avatar
pmcall1
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: so covid...

Post by pmcall1 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:47 pm

For Sure wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:38 am
No question. My concern is they are giving vaccinated people a false sense of security. “Oh the pit contains all vaccinated people, I’m good”. That isn’t the case. Even in a room full of vaccinated people you can get it, spread it, get sick from it, etc…. Obviously you are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off vs unvaccinated, but one should still take precautions. Man I hope this wave passes fast.
Some vaccinated people have a false sense of security but there are others like you and me that understand at this point that we can all catch and spread covid.

Are you the one that started the thread that asked the question if we are all going to get covid?

Read an article today where scientist are thinking covid is gonna be endemic, seasonal like the flu.

Also read an article that 2 strains of the flu went extinct due to masking and social distancing. Unfortunately none of the strains was the wook flu.

I have an indoor bar sized show that I have tickets for in a couple of weeks. I am masking up for it and I am vaccinated.

All I know is, I haven't been sick with cold/flu symptoms since I started masking up and social distancing, so like sometome in 2019 or before.
Remember it's Life then liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14901
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: so covid...

Post by For Sure » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Jjarvis3 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 pm
For Sure wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:54 am
Jjarvis3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 am
Do you need to show the actual Vaccination Record (little folded card thing showing the Vax dates) or will they accept a cell phone picture of the card? Anyone know?
Download the NYS wallet app, assuming you are still in nys. They accepted that in NC on Monday from me and my wife
Thanks, I appreciate it. Still here in NY.
Glad you got down to the opener!
Right on! Just happened to be moving here last weekend, so figured that was a good sign. Definitely going to miss the area, aside of course for the long winters :-). Wish I were making it back for Saratoga and Darien Have fun!

User avatar
richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:32 pm
Location: somewhere just east of that bright star there ^

Re: so covid...

Post by richblueyes » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Anyone remember our neighbors down New Zealand way? We can bring this covid mess to an end. It only takes doing what science has informed us works. All kinds of funny watching Mr/Miss I read a book once. Going on about the lie that masks and vax work. It keeps coming back to. Isolate, vaccinate if ya got it and give it the few weeks to work. There's a movie out, "In the Same Breath."
Exposes two sides of the covid coin (US/China) and why these two poles hold the world hostage. We can, if we work as one, around the world. Bring this all to an end. If only we could get the insect brains to evolve. This virus would be history. On the spooky side. Since it appears this may be environment changes driven. With more and possibly more deadly versions on the way. If we can't get world response to emergencies working. This may be a view to how we end our reign of this world. At least it'll be as freedom loving, God fearing, right thinkers. :D
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

User avatar
Rabbit
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:45 am
Location: In the Pea Patch

Re: so covid...

Post by Rabbit » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:49 am

weironourown2 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:12 am
Rabbit wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:42 pm
Zinc
Vitamin c
Vitamin D3
Just restarted taking Quercetin daily along with a bit of green tea each day to boost the immune system. Quercetin supposedly helps the maximize the effects of Zinc.
I’ll seek it out, just got the shot,

User avatar
FaceOnMars
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 12058
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: Ophir, CO

Re: so covid...

Post by FaceOnMars » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:23 am

richblueyes wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Anyone remember our neighbors down New Zealand way? We can bring this covid mess to an end. It only takes doing what science has informed us works. All kinds of funny watching Mr/Miss I read a book once. Going on about the lie that masks and vax work. It keeps coming back to. Isolate, vaccinate if ya got it and give it the few weeks to work. There's a movie out, "In the Same Breath."
Exposes two sides of the covid coin (US/China) and why these two poles hold the world hostage. We can, if we work as one, around the world. Bring this all to an end. If only we could get the insect brains to evolve. This virus would be history. On the spooky side. Since it appears this may be environment changes driven. With more and possibly more deadly versions on the way. If we can't get world response to emergencies working. This may be a view to how we end our reign of this world. At least it'll be as freedom loving, God fearing, right thinkers. :D
While New Zealand is somewhat of an anomaly in so far as being a small island nation, at least they have a legit end-game strategy. If they're willing to go into a total lockdown over ONE case, it illustrates a collective resolve that we are utterly lacking in the US.

Yes, people need to get past prioritizing their "freedom" over the collective life and death interests of a world that is slowly being picked apart ... perhaps on course to accelerate if new more deadly variants emerge. I'm aghast at how many people simply don't accept this card in the deck as being a distinctly real possibility & that covid will somehow inevitably come to an end without even greater calamity; akin to a scripted ride at Disney World. I think we're on the precipice at the moment with a lot of bad actors stirring the pot. Perhaps it is time to look more closely at the precedent of President Grant sending in federal troops to southern states after many people were getting murdered during Reconstruction. How many people need to die unnecessarily from Covid in states that have beyond reckless leaders that are willfully ignoring science and the facts on the ground?

I'm not a fan of government overreach and don't trust to nothing (but I know it come out right). Having said that, I think the world needs to figure out a way to allow all of its inhabitants to trust in the collective - at least for long enough to put out the fire. Imagine if everyone on this planet agreed to get tested, lock down with a GPS unit for a week or two, and get immediately retested? I know it's a tall order, but just saying there IS a way to do this.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

~ John Adams

User avatar
FaceOnMars
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 12058
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: Ophir, CO

Re: so covid...

Post by FaceOnMars » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:07 pm

up, with the hope that name-calling and ad hominem attacks will cease
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

~ John Adams

User avatar
richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:32 pm
Location: somewhere just east of that bright star there ^

Re: so covid...

Post by richblueyes » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:16 pm

+1

Kind of boring seeing discussions locked. No matter yer thinking on matters. Be Kind.





:ratdog
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 10123
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: state of revery

Re: so covid...

Post by Rutil8ed » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:53 am

We tried to go to King Crimson at SPAC .
No vaccine check going through the gate. Zappa band sounded like muddy excrement from the lawn. We did not want to risk sitting in our seats due to no vax check.
about 2 fitty down the drain .....so it goes.
SPAC sucks balls. May as well be Floriduh . I will never go there again.
'Time has come to weigh those things' RH

dave570
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 3146
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:11 am
Location: Belmar NJ

Re: so covid...

Post by dave570 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:04 am

We wore masks at the Phila show. We were in lower level seats, John side. Maybe 5% of people in my section were masked. We walked thru the Shakedown lot in masks and saw very few masked people. We will mask at Hershey too.
Phish - Dec 28, 30 MSG

Post Reply