Hartford 9-5-21

RatDog.Org Message Board
Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Hartford 9-5-21

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:21 pm

I ended up going at the last minute (even with my broken shoulder) and boy was I glad I went. Imho this was the best show of the tour (ive been watching every show this whole tour) and not just because I was there but this show just flowed. Franklins was a nice way to surprise us all to end 1st set. The China Rider was awesome, St Stephen>William Tell>Eleven do I need to say more ? And then the Werewolves close ! We didnt have any issues getting the car parked, walking the lot or getting into the show. Ive never had any issues in Hartford, but I guess others do. I love the Meadows. Def cant wait to download this show.

direwolf2b
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by direwolf2b » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:51 pm

I was extremely impressed with the show last night. It was my first video purchase this tour. I caught citifield and Philly in person, which were great. Last night was on a different level musically. They have become so tight and were obviously enjoying themselves by the look on their faces. Bob was quite fired up. He added such a cool little lick during China Cat; he even looked at John seemingly impressed with himself. The eleven was also fantastic, with Bob belting out at the end, “What Now!” For all the Dead and Co haters, this show, if watched or listened to in its entirety, might change your minds. The Franklins alone could convert some folks. If you grew up seeing the GD in the 80’s and early nineties, I can’t imagine how you can listen to that Franklins and not smile. The big groove that only Mickey and Billy can provide was there. Oteil was in the pocket and laying it down so smoothly, John was coming up with incredible licks and feeding off of Jeff, who killed it on the organ during his solo, and Bob was adding his unique flourishes. This band is having a significant peak right now in 2021. Really incredible when you think about it.
Last edited by direwolf2b on Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:08 pm

This bands def gotten better as this tour has progressed, if id seen the first few shows I wouldnt have gone to anymore. Glad I did get to see one show and Im glad it was a killer show. Hopefully the tour continues to get better and better like this. :-)

terrapin710
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by terrapin710 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:16 pm

sweet! thanks for sharing~
"Love what you do and do what you love...
...imagination should be the center of your life."

richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by richblueyes » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Last night was the cap of the last three. They've been playin steady and going from great to over the top fine. Part of the reason things moved. The Audience last night was there the whole way cheering em on. Way to represent what we who couldn't be there, would of been doing. Great Audience! Loved when they helped Bobby with a lyric drop out. :D For the Bands part. JM has been cutting loose and comfortable as a pig in sh**. His vocal delivery keeps improving. They're operating more and more as a Band. Got to see it all last night. Get ready folks. Those waiting in line with tickets. You're about to be visited by a Hell of a Band, get ready for some fun with musicians action. :mrgreen:
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

pstoltz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by pstoltz » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 pm

they did William Tell Bridge?
"a friend told me I'd find you there"

Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:15 pm

pstoltz wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 pm
they did William Tell Bridge?
They did !

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dead-and ... c3e9f.html

caseyjonesed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by caseyjonesed » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 pm

just finished watching Hartfird.
really kick ass 1st set! :whoa
2nd set was pretty darn good too!

HipsterDoofus
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by HipsterDoofus » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:26 am

What a treat it was. final summer JRAD westville (Comfortably Numb > Morning Dew :faint ) and then this show to end the summer? Chef's kiss
"You do what you must do, and you do it well"