Rotator Cuff Surgery

RatDog.Org Message Board
Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Rotator Cuff Surgery

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:32 pm

https://aidmyrotatorcuff.com/rotator-cu ... fmEALw_wcB

I broke my shoulder 2 years ago and it has not healed correctly and keeps popping out of the socket (pretty much daily now). Went to the doctors and I have to have surgery on my right shoulder. Anyone on here had experience with this type of surgery or know someone who has ? I am trying to figure out to expect (other than what the docs are telling me).

Thanks

-Walt B

PlayingDead
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery

Post by PlayingDead » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Not personal experience, but the rotator cuff is actually several muscles/tendons, so it depends on which one is the problem that needs repair. I injured mine a couple years back but was able to put it right through some exercises and it's fine -- for now.

My rhythm guitar player, Jim Harris, had the surgery a few years ago; it kept him from playing guitar for 3-4 months as I recall. Not a lot of fun but the good news is he's fine now. I think it still troubles him from time to time but he has range of motion and has no trouble playing guitar.

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Oh, that sucks. I tore my rotator cuff in my last game of organized hockey in my late teens. I didn't need surgery and in my late 40s it caused me to suffer from osteoarthritis. Which ironically gave me access to medical weed, so I was kind of happy at the time. Not anymore, weed is completely legal and my shoulder still aches when I sleep on it.

So just know you will have that to look forward to. Chronic low level pain.

In the link they even mention surgery is a last resort because of the scar tissue. Which sounds real familiar to me.

Hope it works out for you.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

diffendooferday
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by diffendooferday » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Tore my rotator cuff 10 years ago due to wear and tear and multiple corisone shots, as I was heavily involved in playing USTA tennis. Slept in a recliner for about 3 weeks and transitioned to bed, quickly started easy PT and ramped it up over a 4 month period. I played tennis again 11 months later but never was able to achieve the level I was playing at prior to the tear. Overall its just alot of PT and solo rehab and you will be back close to what it once was.
Civics teachers are like regular people....only smarter!!!

Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:41 am

Thanks folks. Seems its gonna be 4-6 months. Yay lol. Is what it is. Ill be happy when I can lift my right arm up over my head again, right now I cant lift my hand above my shoulder level before it pops out.

danM
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by danM » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:47 am

So much for your MLB pitching career.
Good luck with the surgery and rehab.
What you’ve been going thru sounds terrible.
9/14 Yarn
10/18 Yarn
10/31 Dead& Co
11/1&2 RRE
11/29&30 RRE
12/1 Joan,Jackie,Anders do Dylan
12/20&21 From Good Homes