Post by denaz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm

:-k
when the going gets weird, weir turns pro

Chez
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Will Texas shows be cancelled?

Post by Chez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:10 pm

WHEREAS, I , Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, issued a disaster proclamation on March 13, 2020, certifying under Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) poses an imminent threat of disaster for all Texas counties; and

WHEREAS, in each subsequent month effective through today, I have renewed the COVID-19 disaster declaration for all Texas counties; and WHEREAS, I have issued a series of executive orders aimed at protecting the health and safety of Texans, ensuring uniformity throughout Texas, and achieving the least restrictive means of combatting the evolving threat to public health; and

WHEREAS, COVID-19 vaccines are strongly encouraged for those eligible to receive one, but must always be voluntary for Texans; and

WHEREAS, I issued Executive Orders GA-35, GA-38, and GA-39 to prohibit governmental entities and certain others from imposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates or requiring vaccine passports; and

WHEREAS, in yet another instance of federal overreach, the Biden Administration is now bullying many private entities into imposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates, causing workforce disruptions that threaten Texas’ continued recovery from the COVID-19 disaster; and WHEREAS, countless Texans fear losing their livelihoods because they object to receiving a COVID-19 vaccination for reasons of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19; and WHEREAS, through Chapter 161 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, as well as other laws including Chapters 38 and 51 of the Texas Education Code, the legislature has established its primary role over immunizations, and all immunization laws and regulations inTexas stem from the laws established by the legislature; and

WHEREAS, the legislature has taken care to provide exemptions that allow people to opt out of being forced to take a vaccine for reasons of conscience or medical reasons; and

WHEREAS, I am adding this issue to the agenda for the Third Called Session of the legislature that is currently convened so that the legislature has the opportunity to consider this issue through legislation; and

WHEREAS, I will rescind this executive order upon the effective date of such legislation; NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Texas, do hereby order the following on a statewide basis effective immediately:

1. No entity in Texas can compel receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine by any individual, including an employee or a consumer, who objects to such vaccination for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19.

I here by suspend all relevant statutes to the extent necessary to enforce this prohibition.

2. The maximum fine allowed under Section 418.173 of the Texas Government Code and the State’s emergency management plan shall apply to any “failure to comply with” this executive order. Confinement in jail is not an available penalty for violating this executive order.

3. This executive order shall supersede any conflicting order issued by local officials in response to the COVID-19 disaster. Pursuant to Section 418.016(a) of the Texas Government Code, I hereby suspend Sections 418.1015(b) and 418.108 of the Texas Government Code, Chapter 81, Subchapter E of the Texas Health and Safety Code, and any other relevant statutes, to the extent necessary to ensure that local officials do not impose restrictions in response tot he COVID-19 disaster that are inconsistent with this executive order.

This executive order does not supersede Executive Orders GA-13, GA-37, GA-38, or GA-39.

This executive order shall remain in effectand in full force unless it is modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the governor.

This executive order may also be amended by proclamation of the governor.

Given under my hand this the 11th day of October, 2021.

GREG ABBOTT
Governor
"Being anti-racist is not political, it is being a decent human being."

Chez
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Chez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Pursuant to the legislature's command in Section 418.173 of the Texas Government Code and the State's emergency management plan, the imposition of any conflicting or inconsistent limitation by a local governmental entity or official constitutes a "failure to comply with" this executive order that is subject to a fine up to $1,000.

Chez
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Chez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:15 pm

So, as I read it, they could go forward, with admission by negative test being allowed as an alternative to vaccination (as is their policy), and just close off the pit entirely and reseat those folk with Pit Tickets. That would allow them to hold the two shows without being in any violation of the EO.

passin' through
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by passin' through » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm

They should cancel on principle

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Reseating the Pit ticket folks would be impossible if there aren’t enough seats available. Besides...what is Rockstar Richard gonna do?!?!

It’s a little late to cancel these shows. Oh, and good luck getting 15,000+ people to do the rapid test on such short notice.

What a mess!

filbert
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by filbert » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 pm

I have no doubt conversations are happening with band, promoter, and insurance company. The health check notification for both shows is still up on ticketmaster/livenation. One assumes that since both these shows are close to sold out that everyone who bought tix was ready to be in compliance. Same likely goes for the local support crew given that this order just came down. Probably creates enough comfort for show to go on whereas they seemingly did not have that same comfort in Florida.

richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by richblueyes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Don't know why these don't intrude idiots can't stop intruding. Everything is startin to get back to "normal" and they just must, toss a spanner in the works. Go on home yer mamma's callin you. :roll:
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:35 pm

passin' through wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm

They should cancel on principle
TX governor is a jerk
We will understand it better bye and bye.

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm

tell the governor to stand up already
pussy is always sitting down
fuck him and his wheelchair
betcha he loves the ada but he still hates girls

texassssssss
sucks
always has
always will

they killed kennedy there
they kill women there

Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

flJen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by flJen » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:35 pm

thinman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:37 pm
Reseating the Pit ticket folks would be impossible if there aren’t enough seats available. Besides...what is Rockstar Richard gonna do?!?!
:popcorn

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:39 pm

flJen wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:35 pm
thinman wrote:
:popcorn
Hopefully go wrestle a rattlesnake :shock:
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

7/2 Warren
7/30 & 31 JGB NH
8/22 JRAD Boston
9/2 Deadco Mansfield
11/20 Neighbor Portland
11/27 Neighbor Concord
12/4 TTB Boston
1/22 Gilmore Project Tupelo
4/24 Robin Trower Tupelo

Chez
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Chez » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:56 pm

thinman wrote:
Besides...what is Rockstar Richard gonna do?!?!

kblodget
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by kblodget » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 pm

I thought the cancellations were inevitable when Bobby tweeted a pic of him holding a sign that says Texas : Where a virus has reproductive rights and Women don't.

Perhaps Governor Abbott did not appreciate Bobby's tweet and put in this order before the shows :-k

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:32 pm

kblodget wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 pm
I thought the cancellations were inevitable when Bobby tweeted a pic of him holding a sign that says Texas : Where a virus has reproductive rights and Women don't.

Perhaps Governor Abbott did not appreciate Bobby's tweet and put in this order before the shows :-k
That ass hat has no idea who bob is or care

GratefulDeadhead
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GratefulDeadhead » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 pm

if they do they shows in texas and get covid and cancel the Hollywood shows because of it i'll be FURIOUS! I hope they do the shows though and they go off without a hitch. If they were gonna cancel them they should have done it a while ago, at this point it just be rude to cancel.

Unbroken
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Unbroken » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Rockstar Richard should talk to the governor and broker some kind of resolution.
"A lovely view of heaven"

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am

Why does everyone assume the Florida shows were canceled due to Covid issues? Florida was canceled because of the logistical issues presented by the cancellation of NOLA.
At no point has the band said or insinuated that it had anything to do with Florida’s politics regarding Covid.

stevus
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stevus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:23 am

thinman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am
Why does everyone assume the Florida shows were canceled due to Covid issues? Florida was canceled because of the logistical issues presented by the cancellation of NOLA.
At no point has the band said or insinuated that it had anything to do with Florida’s politics regarding Covid.
FLA was cancelled because the tour insurance (gotta have that these days, can't have a show without it) stipulated that the local load in crews (had to be local - union) be vaccinated. since vax mandates are illegal in FLA, and the insurance stipulated vaxs, and you can't play a show without insurance, thus it was cancelled. thats "logistics"

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 am

stevus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:23 am
thinman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am
FLA was cancelled because the tour insurance (gotta have that these days, can't have a show without it) stipulated that the local load in crews (had to be local - union) be vaccinated. since vax mandates are illegal in FLA, and the insurance stipulated vaxs, and you can't play a show without insurance, thus it was cancelled. thats "logistics"
That was the case from the moment they announced the tour. Did anything change in the intervening months to cause them to outright cancel? Why sell tickets and wait till a week before to cancel?

Also...what about Texas? They are just as extreme with the vaccine mandates as Florida.
One more thing...if the insurance is so picky about local load in crews being vaccinated, then what about all the tours/concerts/shows happening all over Florida? Do any of these bands have similar insurance policies as DeadCo or is DeadCo totally unique in this regard? No other band I can think of has canceled due to this reason.