TXR News

RatDog.Org Message Board
Buck
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Weymouth MA

TXR News

Post by Buck » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:32 am

Deadheads and other fans of Phil Lesh’s Terrapin Crossroads are hoping for a miracle

https://www.marinij.com/2021/10/21/fans ... -dpb01b2yI

User avatar
SunshineSue
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 4226
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 am
Location: Midwest

Re: TXR News

Post by SunshineSue » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 am

What a shame, losing TXR would be a real loss! I sure hope they can work out the logistics. :(

User avatar
2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 6649
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:51 am
Location: Reno

Re: TXR News

Post by 2pigpen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 pm

like most others
I thought Phil owned the bar
(shows what happens when you go "cheap")

if he loses the lease
doubtful he "builds" another one
huge loss for live music in the region
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14966
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: TXR News

Post by For Sure » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Agreed, odd he’s lease the place. I understand he might have been unsure if it would make $, but if you’re going that route at least get a couple 5 year options to renew sounds like his legal reps dropped the ball on this

User avatar
stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 5714
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 9:11 am
Location: lost now on the country miles
Contact:

Re: TXR News

Post by stellablue72 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Either that or the price went up exponentially like most things nowadays. Maybe the real owner is trying to rake him over the coals and Phil is backing out on principle. Who knows.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14966
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: TXR News

Post by For Sure » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 am

Which is why you negotiate that when you do the original deal. You think if this thing takes off the LL Is going to rake me over the coals sou need to insert 2x 10 year options to renew in the lease. You can put an escalator clause to keep up with inflation + x% profit to keep the landlord happy, but you have to protect your original investment and keep from happening what is happening.

caseyjonesed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 9967
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:46 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: TXR News

Post by caseyjonesed » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:50 am

TXR was high on my to do list when I went to Marin County/SF.
Excellent set up, food atmosphere... you name it.
Met an older hippie grower at the bar and we burned in the parking lot
watching a band play at the outside band shell.
Jackie Greene's brother I believe was playing in the restaurant.
The Grate Room is just what you want in a music room.

I figured they'd franchise the concept... :shrug

User avatar
pmcall1
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: TXR News

Post by pmcall1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am

For Sure wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 pm
Agreed, odd he’s lease the place. I understand he might have been unsure if it would make $, but if you’re going that route at least get a couple 5 year options to renew sounds like his legal reps dropped the ball on this
Phil was going to buy a plot and build the barn in Ross, but the community rebelled.

The lease at the current location came up unexpectedly and he jumped on it

Shoot the dude was like 72 when TXR opened. 2 10 year leases takes him to 92 years old. Not sure I would make that bet given his health history.
Remember it's Life then liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Intehdarkct110
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: San Fransico

Re: TXR News

Post by Intehdarkct110 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:04 pm

He put the $ into making this thing happen, he built new structures to make the town happy etc. Now that his lease is up, they can take his investment and utilize to their advantage. Fact. Greedy people are everywhere and its become the "norm" or "part of the charm". Sad

User avatar
pennsylvaniapete
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 3570
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Northampton, PA

Re: TXR News

Post by pennsylvaniapete » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:41 pm

He could relocate?
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.

hoffmanmr
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: TXR News

Post by hoffmanmr » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:32 pm

pennsylvaniapete wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:41 pm
He could relocate?
My garage is available.

User avatar
stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 5714
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 9:11 am
Location: lost now on the country miles
Contact:

Re: TXR News

Post by stellablue72 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:52 pm

At his age and station in life, money comes and goes. I’m sure his kids are set up. This may have been a way to lower his taxes and have a lot of fun. Nothing lasts forever. Real shame though.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14966
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: TXR News

Post by For Sure » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:54 pm

pmcall1 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am
For Sure wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 pm
Agreed, odd he’s lease the place. I understand he might have been unsure if it would make $, but if you’re going that route at least get a couple 5 year options to renew sounds like his legal reps dropped the ball on this
Phil was going to buy a plot and build the barn in Ross, but the community rebelled.

The lease at the current location came up unexpectedly and he jumped on it

Shoot the dude was like 72 when TXR opened. 2 10 year leases takes him to 92 years old. Not sure I would make that bet given his health history.
Option to renew is they key here. It doesn’t obligate the lessee, but gives them flexibility to keep a LL from holding an outrageous increase over your head, which is obviously the case here. In the Bay Area it is a must and is 101 level contracting, just to protect his investment alone. Anyway, ship has sailed

Buck
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Weymouth MA

Re: TXR News

Post by Buck » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:53 am

Could this show today be the last one ever at TXR??
Calendar is empty after this.
I guess only time will tell. :-k


STU ALLEN & MARS HOTEL
HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION!

Beach Park
Doors 1:00pm / Show 2:00pm
Ages 12+ / No Infants or Children / No Pets

https://www.terrapincrossroads.net/tickets

User avatar
gdjake
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Aurora, Co.

Re: TXR News

Post by gdjake » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:30 pm

For Sure wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 am
Which is why you negotiate that when you do the original deal. You think if this thing takes off the LL Is going to rake me over the coals sou need to insert 2x 10 year options to renew in the lease. You can put an escalator clause to keep up with inflation + x% profit to keep the landlord happy, but you have to protect your original investment and keep from happening what is happening.
Precisely this. What a bummer!

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: TXR News

Post by berry_good » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:36 pm

Buck wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:53 am
Could this show today be the last one ever at TXR??
Calendar is empty after this.
I guess only time will tell. :-k


STU ALLEN & MARS HOTEL
HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION!

Beach Park
Doors 1:00pm / Show 2:00pm
Ages 12+ / No Infants or Children / No Pets

https://www.terrapincrossroads.net/tickets
Yes, it was confirmed at this show that TXR is closing for good.

You can watch the 2nd set of the final show at TXR on the Dead & Company Backstage facebook page. You will have to scroll down a bit to find the show. Stu Allen & Mars Hotel opened the 2nd set with Kenny Rogers and The First Edition song; Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

Buck
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Weymouth MA

Re: TXR News

Post by Buck » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:17 pm

Last song. :neutral:


User avatar
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 14966
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 am

Re: TXR News

Post by For Sure » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Fun while it lasted

EProphet
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Leutonia

Re: TXR News

Post by EProphet » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:56 pm

Fare Thee Well

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 pm

Re: TXR News

Post by thinman » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:31 am

Speaking of venues...what’s up with Bobby’s Sweetwater Saloon? Much smaller and less ambitious operation. Are they streaming shows?

Post Reply