RatDog.Org Message Board
For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

OT. Alec Baldwin story

Post by For Sure » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:02 am

Man this story is crazy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tearful-alec ... 00871.html

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Authorities are investigating after confirming that a prop firearm discharged by actor Alec Baldwin, while producing and starring in a Western movie, killed the cinematographer and wounded the director.

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s officials said Halyna Hutchins, cinematographer on the movie “Rust,” and director Joel Souza were shot Thursday on the rustic film set in the desert on the southern outskirts of Santa Fe.

Hutchins, 42, was airlifted to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by medical personnel, the sheriff's department said.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: OT. Alec Baldwin story

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:11 am

For Sure wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:02 am
Man this story is crazy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tearful-alec ... 00871.html

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Authorities are investigating after confirming that a prop firearm discharged by actor Alec Baldwin, while producing and starring in a Western movie, killed the cinematographer and wounded the director.

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s officials said Halyna Hutchins, cinematographer on the movie “Rust,” and director Joel Souza were shot Thursday on the rustic film set in the desert on the southern outskirts of Santa Fe.

Hutchins, 42, was airlifted to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by medical personnel, the sheriff's department said.
Somebody fucked big time
The gun was still loaded

danM
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by danM » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:21 am

Horrible
9/14 Yarn
10/18 Yarn
10/31 Dead& Co
11/1&2 RRE
11/29&30 RRE
12/1 Joan,Jackie,Anders do Dylan
12/20&21 From Good Homes

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:06 pm

Not far from here. Very popular movie set, used in many movies over the years. You have all seen it.
We will understand it better bye and bye.

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm

Live round in the gun. Why the heck would they even have live rounds on the set? For what purpose?

I was reading there were labour problems on the set and people had walked off the job before the accident and safety was one of the complaints.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by richblueyes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:09 pm

When the story first broke I thought of Bruce Lee's son. Sad business and ya damn well better check and recheck guns that will be pointed towards people.
Feel for Halyna Hutchins, Family and friends. No way you can be ready for a call and hear this news.
Must of ripped the Husbands heart right out of his chest.
Poor Mr Baldwin. The Hell he has to be going thru knowing he's just killed someone.
Damn Dude. All the vibes, wishes and hopes I can send your way as you work thru this.
Peace Halyna and comfort to those feeling the fulness of the loss.
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thinman » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:13 pm

What a horrible story. Life is so tragic sometimes.

Hedges
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Hedges » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm

that's a horrible story. I assume this is not a real gun that can be loaded. It's described as a "prop" gun but i guess we will find out more as time goes on.
2020 ~ I got a rock ...

rugles
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rugles » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Hedges wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm
that's a horrible story. I assume this is not a real gun that can be loaded. It's described as a "prop" gun but i guess we will find out more as time goes on.
Which is my question. If you are shooting a movie with lots of gun play, pointing and actual shooting as part of the script. You wouldn't allow a real gun anyplace near the set for this very reason.

I was reading that it was Baldwin's production company. Dude is screwed, he will be bankrupted.
It was in Bobcaygeon
I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

- Gord Downie

richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by richblueyes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Prop guns as I understand it are real guns. Supposedly with a blocking bar inside to stop bullets accidentally putting a big hole in you. A property manager is supposed to make sure guns go nowhere without them supervising. Real guns have a wrangler that makes sure no one touches a gun until it's in a controlled set up to film it being fired. Someone really screwed the pooch here.
Gonna be ugly. They've already been to court over accidents like this. A F'in horrible accident that's not supposed to be able to happen.
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:17 pm

I mean it’s not rocket science. Procedures are set and followed. Guess when you bring in the cheap help instead of pros that’s what happenes. This is horrific and unacceptable. Just awful

danM
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by danM » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 am

There is a place near where I live called Wild West City. They have a old west type town and people come and pay money to see a Cowboy and Indian show. About 15 years ago, this same thing happened. One of the actors took a bullet between the eyes. He survived but is wheel chair bound in a nursing home. Some how, the place is still in business.
9/14 Yarn
10/18 Yarn
10/31 Dead& Co
11/1&2 RRE
11/29&30 RRE
12/1 Joan,Jackie,Anders do Dylan
12/20&21 From Good Homes

JonDupee
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by JonDupee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Apparently they use real guns with blanks and the blanks still discharge plastic and wadding that can kill you. This appears to have been a real bullet that passed through the dead woman and struck another man who is now in the hospital. They also apparently hired a new “armorist” due to labor unrest. This is a tragic situation no matter how you look at it. Someone is gonna go to jail.

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 pm

danM wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 am
There is a place near where I live called Wild West City. They have a old west type town and people come and pay money to see a Cowboy and Indian show. About 15 years ago, this same thing happened. One of the actors took a bullet between the eyes. He survived but is wheel chair bound in a nursing home. Some how, the place is still in business.
The original part of Albuquerque, not far from us, is called Old Town and is very touristy. They stage some fake shootouts there from time to time. Not sure of the schedule, probably weekends, but I think they're shut down for the pandemic
We will understand it better bye and bye.