Booster Covid shot

RatDog.Org Message Board
richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Booster Covid shot

Post by richblueyes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Went and got my Pfizer booster shot yesterday. Forgot all about the next morning funk I wake to.
Woke this morn and all I've been able to do is nap. Tryin to get stuff down the pipes to get ride of being hungry. Feel a little queasy. No energy for nothin. Forgot all about it. Scratched my head for a bit wondering why I'm feelin so off today. Finally remembered the shot after affects.
All I can say at this point is FU covid. Go the F away. You're boring me. Nasty little F.
Oh well. Better later and tomorrow should be fine.

:rant

:faint
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Booster Covid shot

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Waiting on the final okay from the state and what local rules will be. I got my first one at a small local pharmacy. Wife got hers cattle-call style at the state fairgrounds.
We will understand it better bye and bye.

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Got my pfizer booster 2 weeks ago early october at cvs

MUCH easier than the 1st 1 at a state park & ride in late Jan and and 2nd one at ex Sears automotive garage in mid Feb

Just a sore arm for me with booster so prob more like the 1st covid shot...no other side effects...
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

7/2 Warren
7/30 & 31 JGB NH
8/22 JRAD Boston
9/2 Deadco Mansfield
11/27 Neighbor Concord
1/8 Neighbor - Soundchevk Studios
1/22 Gilmore Project Tupelo

KEZHEAD
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by KEZHEAD » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:33 pm

I'm not due for my Moderna booster until January
Not looking forward the side affects I had with my second dose
Knocked my out for 24hrs
Dodging lions and a-wasting time
In memory of ChiefScott

Dad
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Dad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Having spent 9 days in the ICU

I’ll just stand with my arms spread and let them throw the booster shots at me like darts

I’ll take a day of feeling shitty anytime

richblueyes
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by richblueyes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:30 pm

I feel you Dad. Had to be taxing on all levels. A day of feeling shitty has to be a step up. Compaired to what you went thru my complaints have to sound like a little kid complaining about ice cream.
Still, today? Not feeling to good myself. Be glad when we decide to get this plague behind us.
Better days and am hoping the crap that sticks around is not affecting you. Bad enough what you went thru. Peace Good Sir.
Inspiration move me brightly / Light my heart with sense and color /
Hold away despair / More than this I will not ask / Faced with mysteries dark and vast.............

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:42 pm

I want to know why the govt was so adamant about getting both shots from the same company, but now that there's a booster it's just as well to get it from the opposite company.
Sometimes people don't seem to want people to be the most they can be... It's nice when people show support for your art and individuality.~ Mark Karan

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Tiny Dancer wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:42 pm
I want to know why the govt was so adamant about getting both shots from the same company, but now that there's a booster it's just as well to get it from the opposite company.
The research at the time probably didn't yet adress the question of mixing vaccines, only how effective the different vaccines were by themselves

Dad
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Dad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 pm

I think you probably nailed it Jack. There wasn’t the liberty of any extra time back last winter to do anything but approach all of the vaccines as a single path.

With the extra time during these last few months they are actually seeing an advantage in mixing the different vaccines and chemistries

Anything > Morning Dew

Subwoofer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Subwoofer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:24 pm

I’m not rushing out to get my J&J booster yet…and I’m certainly not mixing sh!t up either. I’ll let others have a chance first.
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows...

deputy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by deputy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Ummm, the mixing is well vetted for anyone with concerns. There is all kinds of reputable info out there but your first line with decision making should be to consult your doctor. They are well ahead of the learning curve you find yourself on.

Also, for those that have been vaccinated and find out that Delta has managed to breakthrough, if you feel like crap for a day or more, request a rapid test through your physician and request a monoclonal antibody treatment ( Regeneron ) and you will be fixed up and rolling in short order.

Be the voice of reason with those around you as it seems many still need some guidance. If you know an anti vaxxer who is willing to get Regeneron please remind that person both are “ experimental” so you may as well get the jab.

Jack O. Hartz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Jack O. Hartz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:19 am

Subwoofer wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:24 pm

I’m not rushing out to get my J&J booster yet…and I’m certainly not mixing sh!t up either. I’ll let others have a chance first.
I'll booster my J&J with another J&J next week. Hopefully I can repeat what I did last time at a small local pharmacy

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

deputy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 pm
Ummm, the mixing is well vetted for anyone with concerns. There is all kinds of reputable info out there but your first line with decision making should be to consult your doctor. They are well ahead of the learning curve you find yourself on.

Also, for those that have been vaccinated and find out that Delta has managed to breakthrough, if you feel like crap for a day or more, request a rapid test through your physician and request a monoclonal antibody treatment ( Regeneron ) and you will be fixed up and rolling in short order.

Be the voice of reason with those around you as it seems many still need some guidance. If you know an anti vaxxer who is willing to get Regeneron please remind that person both are “ experimental” so you may as well get the jab.

Mixing vaccines is not well vetted and there is no reputable info regarding this. If you have links to studies or trials of those who had 2 Moderna and got Pfizer booster, or 2 Pfizer and got Moderna booster- with results regarding efficacy and side effects- please share. Thanks!
Sometimes people don't seem to want people to be the most they can be... It's nice when people show support for your art and individuality.~ Mark Karan

Dad
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Dad » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:39 pm

A quick google search brings up a bunch of information and different sources.

Here’s one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/6 ... amp%3Dtrue

Tiny Dancer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Tiny Dancer » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm

I've seen a bunch of those articles too.

"first study" "not yet peer reviewed" "currently reviewing data" "in general" "the findings are encouraging" is whole lot of WE DON'T REALLY KNOW.

mossismyrice
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by mossismyrice » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 am

Tiny Dancer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm
deputy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Mixing vaccines is not well vetted and there is no reputable info regarding this. If you have links to studies or trials of those who had 2 Moderna and got Pfizer booster, or 2 Pfizer and got Moderna booster- with results regarding efficacy and side effects- please share. Thanks!

And if I may add to this, when you DO share, no need to lead with “ummmmmm” :)

Subwoofer
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Subwoofer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:52 am

I’ll also say I was sick for about 48hrs with my initial J&J shot, hence another reason I’m not rushing out to get a booster.
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows...

deputy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by deputy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Subwoofer wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:52 am
I’ll also say I was sick for about 48hrs with my initial J&J shot, hence another reason I’m not rushing out to get a booster.

Because it’s better to end up sick for several days, requiring Regeneron and losing your taste and smell for a month. I never understand the complaint about two days of discomfort when contrasted to multiple days of misery but that’s just me.

Do you know anyone that has had Shingles? Ask them if two days of discomfort from the Shingles vaccine is worth the misery of a Shingles outbreak.

Win Covid even though breakthroughs can occur, it’s still protect yourself and others around you as well.

I know three breakthrough cases so far of vaccinated folks that had not yet received their booster but needed Regeneron to recover.