Dead & Co Oracle Park floor price?

Post by rustydead » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 am

What was face value for d&c oracle park floor tickets after fees? Thank you

thinman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Dead & Co Oracle Park floor price?

Post by thinman » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:05 am

I’ve been following these since they went on sale. They never showed what the original face value was. It was instantly “sold out” and there have only been Platinum and “resale” tickets sold. It’s a scam.

I assume the prices will come down as we approach the show.

Did you notice that there are NO SEATS AVAILABLE for ANY of the three shows?? They are all resale. It’s been this way since the day they went on sale.

**Do they really expect us to believe THE ENTIRE STADIUM is sold out ALL THREE NIGHTS?!?!?! Not even a single nosebleed is available at regular price???

You’ll see regular prices seats pop up in a couple of months.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am

Exactly.

Citi Field question - the whole floor currently looks like GA. It's never been that way before. Anyone have any thoughts?
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:07 pm

Was looking last night on stubhub. These will def come down. Pretty sad that I can fly somewhere and buy a ticket for the same price it would cost me to get a decent ticket in my home town (Raleigh). Have to say I’m glad to see this going away. It’s become a cash grab of epic proportions. I’m continuely blown away that people can routinely afford what amounts to a $1000 + night out for a concert

Dad
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Dad » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:28 pm

I can afford it

But I don’t like getting fucked with and will not participate in the current ticketing shit show

wonderhide
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by wonderhide » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:31 pm

I am more upset with Bobby and Deadco than ever for not doing anything about Ticketmaster. Deadco's own site says for instance a Fenway show is SOLD OUT, when the entire stadium is for resale on Ticketmaster and then try 'platinum' and there are thousands of those tickets too, AND there are significant sections not for sale yet. Of course we can get in for affordable (!) prices nearer to showtime but the algorithm and the lying and cheating and hype
is out of control.

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:48 pm

Dad wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:28 pm
I can afford it

But I don’t like getting fucked with and will not participate in the current ticketing shit show
I can also afford it, but for cost two shows i can buy piece of beautiful stereo equipment, a life long, multigenerational guitar, a trip to Europe, etc…. I can’t justify a show or two over that.

I also find it hard to believe there are thousands of people who can afford 1% of the salary for a night out. The avg salary in the us is 54k, so a couple 108k. With the cost of everything today it baffles my mind that everything sells out at these inflated prices. I must be doing something terribly wrong, because I see the $1000 price tag to go to a show with my wife and I’m like hell no.

Even worse with “the dead” where you can get a stinker of a show. At least with bands like the stones you know your going to get a decent show for your money. Paying a grand to watch them practice 🤮.

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:57 pm

stellablue72 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am
Exactly.

Citi Field question - the whole floor currently looks like GA. It's never been that way before. Anyone have any thoughts?
Citifield had a small size pit the 1st year 2016

2nd year 2017 it was only 1 show on a sat night & entire field was GA...we went in an hour early & were about 4 to 6 rows in front of Oteil for entire 1st set

Moved back 2nd set but went back up front during drums as folks were bailing

It was fine tho it is a huge mass of people when u leave the field floor area for drinks. Bio breaks or ar set break & try to navigate your way back to your friends or area on the field...

Can't speak to floor seating arrangement for 2018. 2019, ( no 2020 shows due covid) 2021 or last yr 2023
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

6/4 Cabinet & Neighbor - Mason NH
7/14 & 7/15 Phish Mansfield
8/6 Deadbeat @ Bull Run
8/9 Jerry day @ Fenway
11/5 Zero @ Flying Monkey
11/9 TAB & Goose - Portland
11/11 TAB & Goose - Lowell

D
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by D » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:27 pm

wonderhide wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:31 pm
I am more upset with Bobby and Deadco than ever for not doing anything about Ticketmaster. Deadco's own site says for instance a Fenway show is SOLD OUT, when the entire stadium is for resale on Ticketmaster and then try 'platinum' and there are thousands of those tickets too, AND there are significant sections not for sale yet. Of course we can get in for affordable (!) prices nearer to showtime but the algorithm and the lying and cheating and hype
is out of control.
The problem is that it puts more money in the artists pocket. Is it fair that resellers make profit off your art? Back in the day artists may have shrugged it off but in this digital age there is visibility to the numbers and they are too big to ignore. There are no more face value tickets other than maybe the worst seats in the house. It is all market based pricing and I think it is totally unfair to the consumer. Smart business move though, they squeeze every last dollar out of those tickets.
Take me to the river, drop me in the water....

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:52 am

Thanks Bones

Re: The ticket prices and The Dead... The dead and GDTS did a lot for us when they were the Grateful Dead. Even during Ratdog I had trust. At this point, however, I'm SURE that the musicians are ONLY responsible for showing up and playing music. I bet the entire thing is out of their hands and that's the way they want it.

Think of it as retirement. They stepped back from all the business. No more managing the vault, no more decisions about what march to sell or not, no more planning tours. Some corporation does it all and they just get to play and make money. At their age I can't begrudge them this decision.
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:12 pm

Not Oracle Park but I broke down & bought a pair of turf field tix for the sat nite Fenway show after the Sunday show "sold out" in theory...

still holding out for sun tix...I keep getting notices on CoT about 2x a week as peeps put tix up for sale at face or below...but not $25 yet

Interestingly enough I signed up for some kinda notification when more sunday tix go on sale :shrug

Back to the price for a field ticket # Fenway:

Face 201.50 - (there were 201.50 tix in stands)

But wait...there's more...service charges & fees

Live Nation per ticket fees: 47.50 (1/2 of $95)

Live Nation per order fee: 2.50 (1/2 of $5)

Total 251.50 per ticket
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

6/4 Cabinet & Neighbor - Mason NH
7/14 & 7/15 Phish Mansfield
8/6 Deadbeat @ Bull Run
8/9 Jerry day @ Fenway
11/5 Zero @ Flying Monkey
11/9 TAB & Goose - Portland
11/11 TAB & Goose - Lowell

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:51 pm

Dad wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:28 pm
I can afford it

Good

Bridgeless
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Bridgeless » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:41 pm

rustydead wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 am
What was face value for d&c oracle park floor tickets after fees? Thank you
$245.70
The most we can do, is to do our best!