RIP (((((((((Beth))))))))

The Rastadog vibration is positive
teledan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: RIP (((((((((Beth))))))))

Post by teledan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I didn't know her, but I offer my sympathies to all of you. There's obviously a lot of pain to be felt around here. I hope one day we all experience bliss, and we see all we have loved, and lost, on the other side.

Pappy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Pappy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 am

Ric....too much man. Nice job.

DancingSingingGirl
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by DancingSingingGirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:03 am

I recall a Tower show after Beth and I became buddies on here, I was called Beth' as well, until I went on the air on the radio, the boss switched me to Liz. We met up and she had Alex with her, I was rideless , she helped me out, help me find VW, because she and I were both kind of shy about things after a little weird stuff here on the board , and she saw what happened ( tired crabinness ) and she spotted me and helped me out.. oo

here;s something I have to say, sorry but maybe it will... ?? : this was in reply to a comment Lonny J said about Stroke :So true and frightening.

and the world needs more awareness, especially for Women. Although we dont know the details of the stroke that Beth suffered, we have become quite aware of Blood clots, Cadiovascular disease and strokes, and the toll they are taking on young Women. I read here that there was a blood clot discovered when Beth was in the hospital. My dear sister, and my best friend, who also left behind a young daughter- BOTH passed, suddenly, from undiscovered blood clots. Women's Cardiovascular, pulmonary health issues are a very big bad- silent killers, for Women and awareness is everything. All Women need to have screenings ! even if they appear to be completely healthy. Awareness is the key to stopping, or preventing and treating this silent killer -Cardiovascular and Heart disease. These issues ( Heart, stroke and Blood clots) are the number one killer of women in this country. I know we have lost other women from our Ratdog.org family/community due to these issues and silent killers. This( Go Red ) is the best organization, to help spread awareness and encourage women to be screened for Blood clots stroke and heart related (CardioVascular) issues. Guys! ask your girls (Moms sisters friends daughters, to ask the Dr. about simple free screening : Please take a quick look - maybe it will Make a difference ~ http://www.goredforwomen.org/about_hear ... &tm=stroke -
http://www.goredforwomen.org/inspiring_stories.as
Beth was loved by this community and she will be missed.
Hey Now " A little bit Furthur than you've gone before " I love music believe in Love& the healing power of music "One Way Or Another This Darkness has Got to Give"
Play On- Keep Listening I'll try to smile if you will DEAL ? OO

dsabo45
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dsabo45 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:45 am

very nice ric
thanks!

D
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by D » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:13 am

BRAVO RIC BRAVO!
:clap :clap :clap
Take me to the river, drop me in the water....

DOGLOVER
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by DOGLOVER » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 am

If you were on this board back when you knew Beth and knew what a kind and cool person she was and when I would see her at a show she would be sure to greet you, I was happy to be her friend.

daydream
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by daydream » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 am

I am so sorry to hear this. It makes it that much worse when it comes unexpectedly and so early in life yet. I did not know her, but it sure seems many folks did and love her, and my heart goes out to her little girl. I could not imagine.
9/28 Bob Weir Wolf Bros Baltimore
10/19 DSO Pittsburgh
11/21 DSO Williamsport
11/22 DSO Penns Peak
12/13 Billy Strings Pittsburgh
12/15,16 Bob Weir Wolf Bros NYC

jammin' john
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jammin' john » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:16 am

daydream wrote:I am so sorry to hear this. It makes it that much worse when it comes unexpectedly and so early in life yet. I did not know her, but it sure seems many folks did and love her, and my heart goes out to her little girl. I could not imagine.

i know you met her in Buffalo in 06' in my hotel room
i wont slave for beggars pay......

comesatime
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by comesatime » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am

Hedges your tribute was fantastic!

Also, your hair looks great cut!
Greet the morning air with song!

Hedges
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Hedges » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

comesatime wrote:Hedges .... your hair looks great cut!

thanks. I'm due for another. it's been over 3 months. unfortunately i don't have time to do it by tomorrow.
2020 ~ I got a rock ...

althea
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by althea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm

That was beautiful, Ric.
...he not busy being born is busy dying...

Willow sky
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Willow sky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I very rarely post on here and never had the pleasure of meeting Beth, but have read her posts over the years and know what a big part of the .org family both Beth and her daughter Alex, are. I have shed some tears today in reading your posts and watching the tributes. My heart goes out to all of you. We'll never know why this was Beth's time, or why she passed so young. She does seem to have lived each day to the fullest and managed to touch all she met. I do believe that the calendar timing of her passing, during the days between, has significance- in that it will provide a time for her .org family to come together at the various annual tributes and festivals in future years, to bring Beth along in your hearts and to celebrate her life. Maybe Jerry really is "one the five people" Beth first met after crossing over. Positive vibes and prayers for Beth, Alex, family and friends.
If you get confused, listen to the music play.

GRonK
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GRonK » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Hedges wrote:For Beth/Weirswoman

Just Breathe - Eddie Vedder

God i hope she didn't hate Pearl Jam or she'll be waiting to kick my ass when i get to the pearly (no pun) gates.

I'm going to miss the hell out of you Beth!!

I wanted to do a dead song but the only one i remotely know that would be fitting is Black Muddy River and this just seemed more appropriate.
I'm sure she will appreciate your AWESOME musical tribute, as all of us here do!

:clap
Words

Numbers

Opinions

Clarebear
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Clarebear » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 pm

ric and cloudhands... don't save these gems for people who are gone... you both are blessed, share more often please.........
Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and drift away

deadheadk
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by deadheadk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Watching the musical tributes from cloudhands and Ric again tonight
They really warm my heart.
Thank you both again for sharing with us.
I really appreciate it.
"The Last Show Was The Best Show Ever,And The Next Show Is Guaranteed To Be Better"

jessp
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jessp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm

deadheadk wrote:Watching the musical tributes from cloudhands and Ric again tonight
They really warm my heart.
Thank you both again for sharing with us.
I really appreciate it.

+1

stellar job guys, beautiful :clap
JessP

Joan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Joan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 am

I didn't think I would want to watch, that I would get too upset...it had the opposite effect :) :clap thanks guys

gratefuldaddy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by gratefuldaddy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

Beautuful tributes guys! I am on vacation with tears in my eyes. A tough reminder that we need to smile like Beth and love each other. Some things can never be replaced, like a mother's love or dancing at a show with a friend.
Future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind
These people artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinker will now reap society's richest rewards and share its greatest joys

briank*
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by briank* » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 am

I don't post a lot and have never met any of you but I feel like I know a lot of you through coming on here and reading posts (most of the time I come here for laughs). Over the last week it's been very sad to see everyone greive the loss of Beth. I am totally inspired by the the support you given each other. I am also blown away by the money raised for Beth's daughter. You're all a very special group of people.
Ric, I cannot say enough about how touching your video is. I've watched it several times and sat and cried each time.

browneyedwoman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member
Location: somewhere in the middle of transcendental meditation

Post by browneyedwoman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I haven't been on here in quite a long time but I wanted to share my favorite RD memory of Beth. It was Ramshead 06 and we were, of course, on the rail on MK's side. We were dancing and I was between Beth and Banana. Shakedown opener, booties start shaking and I get bounced back and forth between them like a ping pong ball. Perma-grin all night long! Love you Beth! You Little Schoolgirl (I can hear her giggle now)! Safe travels sweetie, you will always be in my heart.
Being good isn't always easy,
No matter how hard I tried,
When he started sweet talking to me,
he'd come tell me everything is alright
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/b ... -small.jpg