A Word For Weireverywhere for .org

The Rastadog vibration is positive
snail
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: A Word For Weireverywhere for .org

Post by snail » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 pm

This sucks. I hate these drugs. I have too many friends who went down the road of percs/oxys > heroin. I myself have been hooked on dope for the past 2+ years. While I've tried methadone and suboxone, they help with the sickness, the worst for me being restless legs that make it impossible to sleep, they just don't fill that void that dope does. Your life could be absolute shit, but as soon as it hits your vein, everything is ok. None of my family knows, but I know it would kill them. I make good money but that's where it all goes. I need to stop, but I have never done anything more difficult. Sometimes it feels like taking a bullet to the head will be my only true relief.

tuktu
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by tuktu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:19 pm

^^

Snail check your pm immediately
only the waters and cooler were fronted - he brought his own ice

thedog420
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thedog420 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:57 pm

snail wrote:This sucks. I hate these drugs. I have too many friends who went down the road of percs/oxys > heroin. I myself have been hooked on dope for the past 2+ years. While I've tried methadone and suboxone, they help with the sickness, the worst for me being restless legs that make it impossible to sleep, they just don't fill that void that dope does. Your life could be absolute shit, but as soon as it hits your vein, everything is ok. None of my family knows, but I know it would kill them. I make good money but that's where it all goes. I need to stop, but I have never done anything more difficult. Sometimes it feels like taking a bullet to the head will be my only true relief.
bro I don't know you or never been on dope but got good friends that have and have come through wish nothing but the best for you and can only hope you find the help you need. its a hard road but hope you make it through

deadinit
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by deadinit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 am

Ive been on this board a long time and like most people here......seen him grow up on this board....Ive camped near him several times with an accoustic guitar in his hands always...He loved the music......Please people watch out for each other ouut there!!!!!!!
LISTEN TO THE RIVER SING SWEET SONGS TO ROCK MY SOUL

thedog420
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by thedog420 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

only hung out with Tom twice but this hit me harder then I would of thought ..and those out there struggling there are people out there who care and im sure your family does too but we are a community and we care for our own and we are here to listen and not to judge we all got our own struggles and I hope we all will just be there for each other and to just listen to our brothers and sisters and never pass judgement..sometimes just listening and being there s huge.. if you ever need a ear im here just to listen ...and maybe have some advice

dsabo45
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dsabo45 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 am

sometimes i feel so blind for not noticing things. I guess my 'do your own thing, baby' outlook needs a little tweaking.

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm

dsabo45 wrote:sometimes i feel so blind for not noticing things. I guess my 'do your own thing, baby' outlook needs a little tweaking.
yes. a little tweaking.

IMO,it's important to try to leave lines of communication open. I let people know that I don't condone what they're doing. Often times,I will try to point out something they really want to live for. This can be difficult. I had a crack user tell me they weren't concerned about watching their niece grow up. It's better that they are honest but it's still scary. That person is alive and sober for the moment.

I truly believe Tom's memory would have been better served had we not know the cause of death :idea: We haven't solved a damn thing here ](*,)
'Time has come to weigh those things' RH

furthurfeline
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by furthurfeline » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Rutil8ed wrote:
dsabo45 wrote:sometimes i feel so blind for not noticing things. I guess my 'do your own thing, baby' outlook needs a little tweaking.
yes. a little tweaking.

IMO,it's important to try to leave lines of communication open. I let people know that I don't condone what they're doing. Often times,I will try to point out something they really want to live for. This can be difficult. I had a crack user tell me they weren't concerned about watching their niece grow up. It's better that they are honest but it's still scary. That person is alive and sober for the moment.

I truly believe Tom's memory would have been better served had we not know the cause of death :idea: We haven't solved a damn thing here ](*,)

Rutil8ed, I respectfully disagree. While nothing is "solved" it does bring to light how prevalent the problem of opiate use is these days. I only met Tom once, and only an introduction, but honestly would never have suspected him to be a dope user, nor is it the only way I remember him. He was a passionate guy with a good sense of humor, that loved music and those are the qualities that come to mind. Because we know he died of a drug overdose, some here have offered assistance, some here have disclosed addiction struggles and maybe will seek help. Perhaps this tragedy will help others... We can hope.

~me
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by ~me » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Lovely post, furthurfeline. I'm with you completely.
~Remember to take care of one another~

~No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead.~

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm

I have been wrong before....

Friki broke the news of how it happened in this thread. How can we be so sure that's what Tom wanted? Serious question. Do we discount someone's wishes because they made a literally fatal mistake?

Addictions are extremely tricky things. Sometimes addicts will tell you they are ready for help just to calm you down. Sometimes they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get you out of their face.

Truly helping someone with a deadly addiction is a HUGE commitment. Platitudes come easy.

jammin' john
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jammin' john » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Rutil8ed wrote:I have been wrong before....

Friki broke the news of how it happened in this thread. How can we be so sure that's what Tom wanted? Serious question. Do we discount someone's wishes because they made a literally fatal mistake?

Addictions are extremely tricky things. Sometimes addicts will tell you they are ready for help just to calm you down. Sometimes they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get you out of their face.

Truly helping someone with a deadly addiction is a HUGE commitment. Platitudes come easy.

i do know Tom well and he definitely would have wanted to use his mistake to try and save just one person who might be fucking with the same shit!!! FACT!!!!
i wont slave for beggars pay......

DancingBear
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by DancingBear » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Tom. Although I never had the privilege of hanging out with him, as many of you have, the testimonials here speak volumes about his character.

I only knew him from his postings on the board. Judging by the comments of those who knew him best, my impressions of Tom from his interaction on this board were an accurate assessment of what he was like in "real life." He just seemed like a real good dude.

It's a shame he had to leave this world so early. R.I.P.
This must be heaven
Cause here's where the rainbow ends

Above-The-Trees
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Above-The-Trees » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 pm

jammin' john wrote:i do know Tom well and he definitely would have wanted to use his mistake to try and save just one person who might be fucking with the same shit!!! FACT!!!!
+1

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

tom helped me get sober. i use his doctor
Because we are all in this together is a far better philosophy than you are on your own

Rutil8ed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Rutil8ed » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:52 pm

steelinfaces wrote:tom helped me get sober. i use his doctor
That is interesting. Tom consciously helped you while he was physically on the earth. I can see how this is weighing heavily on you. Now it's truly up to you.

Redkiddd
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Redkiddd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 am

Tom passed over this week as well as Jason Molina.
I hope there hanging out together. Rest in Peace Brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

Farewell Transmission

The whole place is dark
Every light on this side of the town
Suddenly it all went down
Now well all be brothers of the fossil fire of the sun
Now we will all be sisters of the fossil blood of the moon
Someone must have set us up
Now theyll be working in the cold grey rock, in the hot mill steam in the concrete
In the sirens and the silences now all the great set up hearts - all at once start to beat
After tonight if you dont want us to be a secret out of the past
I will resurrect it, Ill have a good go at it
Ill streak his blood across my beak and dust my feathers with his ashes
I can feel his ghost breathing down my back
I will try and know whatever I try, I will be gone but not forever
The real truth about it is no one gets it right
The real truth about it is were all supposed to try
There aint no end to the sands Ive been trying to cross
The real truth about it is my kind of lifes no better off
If Ive got the maps or if Im lost
The real truth about it is there aint no end to the desert Ill cross
Ive really known that all along
Mama here comes midnight with the dead moon in its jaws
Must be the big star about to fall
Long dark blues
Will o the wisp
The big star is falling
Through the static and distance
A farewell transmission
Listen

D
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by D » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:29 am

WOW
I just read this for the first time today.
I didn't know Tom, but enjoyed his posts.

How very, very sad. :cry:

((((((((((((((((((((((((Tom and Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Take me to the river, drop me in the water....

childofthemoon
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by childofthemoon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

for Tom.....

Bendicon
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Bendicon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/ ... irls-1.jpg
"If the Grateful Dead came to town, I'd beat my way in with a fucking tire-iron, if necessary..."
-Hunter S. Thompson

1fjef
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 1fjef » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Bendicon that is a great pic
OMG
And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Better off with 1f than none!