Edit: I sent her a message on facebook[/quote]

Joan... Road Trip??[/quote]

hmmm... :-k I could maybe do that!

Excited To Be Here
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: RIP Gigs

Post by Excited To Be Here » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Joan wrote:Sure. I'll bring it up to Raquel.

Edit: I sent her a message on facebook
Joan... Road Trip??[/quote]

hmmm... :-k I could maybe do that![/quote]

I would have to feel that out!!
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense A THEFT, from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Joan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Joan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

ok...was thinking about going to see Cabinet but nothing for sure yet...
lmk what you decide.

BornAgainDead
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by BornAgainDead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Really sad to hear this. Like many on here, I shared some music with gigs via raffles or trade.

A decent fellow he was. He will be missed. :(
"Can we all get along?"
~ Rodney King
(4/2/1965 – 6/17/2012)

Mike In Philly
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Mike In Philly » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Great idea! What did she say Joan? If this is a definite, I am really going to try to be there.

stellablue72
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stellablue72 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Ive been away from the board for a day or so and I return to this. I'm so sorry. Sad news. Hard to understand. Love and Light everyone...

J
...there's a silver ocean, silver clouds on a silver sea
bird on the horizon, silver wingin' back to me...

seestoomanyshows
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by seestoomanyshows » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:00 pm

RIP
too many puppies with guns in their hands
too many puppies in foreign lands

caseyjonesed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by caseyjonesed » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I didn't know him and all I can offer is my condolences.
Hold on to and cherish the happy memories. Gigs must have
been some kind of guy to have all these heartfelt emotions
expressed. Wish I had had the chance to meet him.
God Bless and may his soul be at peace.

((((((((((Trina, Family, Friends)))))))))

extracheese
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by extracheese » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm sad that a fellow orger, and Deadhead brother, is gone, and I'm angry that it's this same reason again. No judgement being made...know that, I'm just tired of this narrative playing out over and over and taking good people from us in the blink of an eye who had so much more to do and give and teach to these people out there. This is one of the few who "got it" and that is a damned rare thing in this shitty throw-away society we live in..so he was a teacher whether he realized it or not and now he's gone. We gotta stop destroying ourselves because this miserable world needs us. I don't know the answer, and I never got to meet Gigs, but I'm sad and sort of pissed at the same time that this narrative is playing out again...and also sad for me a little that I never got to meet him.

RIP Gigs. Sleep in the stars.... :(
Just like a deaf man dancin', Like a blind man shooting pool...

Then he went off sniffing drainpipes
And reciting the alphabet

jaybones723
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jaybones723 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 pm

extracheese wrote:I'm sad that a fellow orger, and Deadhead brother, is gone, and I'm angry that it's this same reason again. No judgement being made...know that, I'm just tired of this narrative playing out over and over and taking good people from us in the blink of an eye who had so much more to do and give and teach to these people out there. This is one of the few who "got it" and that is a damned rare thing in this shitty throw-away society we live in..so he was a teacher whether he realized it or not and now he's gone. We gotta stop destroying ourselves because this miserable world needs us. I don't know the answer, and I never got to meet Gigs, but I'm sad and sort of pissed at the same time that this narrative is playing out again...and also sad for me a little that I never got to meet him.

RIP Gigs. Sleep in the stars.... :(
I agree 100%
Never met Gigs... never met any of you, except fr trish... I am always shy to go up and introduce myself... regardless, I am always on this board and GIgs was a great contributor. I hate that this is the reason that we lost another one!

bdog1963
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bdog1963 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:17 am

I, like many others here only knew Rob from the board. Great guy from the the little slice of him I saw here.
Rest in peace.
http://kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11 RIP

terrapinbob
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by terrapinbob » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 am

Very sad news to hear this :( rip brother
(((( trina))))
...i gotta go, but my friend can stick around...

danM
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by danM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 am

bdog1963 wrote:I, like many others here only knew Rob from the board. Great guy from the the little slice of him I saw here.
Rest in peace.
plus 1

cherish each day folks. Rest well Gigs.
9/14 Yarn
10/18 Yarn
10/31 Dead& Co
11/1&2 RRE
11/29&30 RRE
12/1 Joan,Jackie,Anders do Dylan
12/20&21 From Good Homes

Joan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Joan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 am

Mike In Philly wrote:

Great idea! What did she say Joan? If this is a definite, I am really going to try to be there.
The band is aware. I don't know what their plans are though. But I think they will give Gigs a shout out for sure.

Sheena
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Sheena » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:46 am

I only knew Gigs from the board, sorry to hear we lost another long time member.
Seemed like a genuinely nice guy from all the music raffles. May he rest in peace.

jerry me
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jerry me » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:18 pm

:cry: ... So very sad, He was a very kind fellow and will be missed.

((((Gigs Family & Friends))))

trinaleigh
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by trinaleigh » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Thank you ratdog.org....I met Rob because of .org and I am eternally grateful for this community. I have also met some of the most wonderful, friendly, loving and warm hearted people that I probably would not know if not for Rob and .org. You are all a unique and terrific group of people.
Rob loved music and all of you guys, before me that was all he had, his music. Which he loved to share, experience and turn on to anyone. Please always remember his generosity, his laugh, his smile and anything else that just makes you smile when you think of Gigs.
As for what happened to him, this is really no ones business but I want to let you all know He was doing great. Yes he had a problem. A problem that he fought for a long time to get under control. We were very open and honest with each other and him seeing me hurt because of something that he was doing and causing me pain and sadness made him open his eyes and realize this is the wrong road for him, for us. He wanted more out of life, our life, and have seen so many make that wrong turn.
His life for these past months were finally on the right track, we were living together and he was more than welcomed into my home from my kids and family on a full time basis. He was starting his new life with so many others that cared and loved him and he was really fucking happy and focused.
Unfortunately being clean for so long and visiting his old area (where he lived) the Demon took over and he went to far. We all make bad choices, I know if he knew this was the outcome he would've walked away. He really did have so much to live for now. Rob and my daughter who is 15 became very close, they were "gym buddies". Since his move in with me he has also gotten closer with my son (he is 21) and I am so happy that they got that time to get to know eachother better. My Dad was teaching Rob things that he never knew he would learn how to do or attempt on his own. (they recently just built a backyard shed together. (Rob was very smart but mechanically incline #-o he wasn't) We had many plans in the near future as well as goals that we had set in our life. I cannot say what if or if only I did........He was taken too soon, I have no answers and no question will ever be answered.
But I do have so much to be thankful for. So many great times, memories and firsts that no one will ever take from me. Each day for me it gets harder and harder, and I don't think it really has sunk in yet. I keep thinking that I will wake up from this fucked up dream and there he will be snoring next to me and me pushing him to turn over and telling him to shut up!!!! ](*,) . I miss him so much, I feel so alone and empty even though I am lucky to have such a great family. I lost my world, my life. A part of me is gone. I Love Him So Much!
Rob wanted to be cremated and not to have a service. We are honoring his wishes. A celebration of his life would be a great thing to do. I personally at this moment wouldn't even know how to do...Maybe down the line we can do something. All of you that were close to him and myself I will try my best to keep in touch, if I start slipping please reach out to me...Rob was the one who always took care of that part, so something I will have to start working on.

Thank You all, and we Love you~
...only the Love in your
Heart will last Forever~

cumberland jimmy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by cumberland jimmy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 pm

do your best T

we love you and gigs dearly

and we will miss gigs greatly......

please pm a mailing addy when ya can.......
weiner dog

Brownie
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Brownie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Trina,

I am so very sorry for your loss.
"Lyric is supported on bubbles and what is too foolish to say is usually sung."
-Neal Cassady

I dropped four flights and cracked my spine
Honey, come quick with the iodine

RambleonRose
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by RambleonRose » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:28 pm

thank you for sharing that with us Trina.

we love you

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Ive got a dream. Its about singing dancing and making people happy. Its the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family.~Kermit