Living Death - My Sister

Talk with Fellow Wharf Rats
caseyjonesed
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Living Death - My Sister

Post by caseyjonesed » Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm

i come from a family of alcoholics. my 88 year old Mom still drinks a bottle of vodka plus a week.
my brother has a bud attached to his hand. my father drank every day though he was a successful businessman. i almost drank myself to death and by the grace of my Higher Power, I haven't picked up in 15 years.

my sister is the definition of living death. she has drank hard for decades. lost a husband, lost jobs,
been to rehabs and now, finally, she has lost her mind. she has had back surgeries and has a rod holding her spine together and can barely make it to the bathroom and has been in and out of the hospital at least a dozen times in 14 months, but she is still ordering beer delivery. her brain is also damaged so she no longer has a capacity to grasp stopping. the home health people won't go see her anymore cause if she falls while they are there, they may be held liable.

compound that with the stress from being my Mom's caregiver and it's overwhelming.
the stress is shortening my life. she is living death. there is nothing i can do. nothing.

thanks for letting me share...