New York Rangers 2022/23

Talk Sports
hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: New York Rangers 2022/23

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:32 pm

The Rangers top line appears to be set with Mika Zibanejad flanked by Chris Kreider and Kaapo Kakko. However, a myriad of players have tried to lock down the second line right wing spot which is currently held by rookie Vitali Kravtsov.

If the Rangers truly want to make a run for the Cup, they’ll need to upgrade that position. That’s why Patrick Kane remains the most speculated future member of the Blueshirts.

“There’s always going to be the links to Patrick Kane,” Rupp admitted. “There’s a lot of good forwards out there that I’m interested to see where they go.”

One of the most intriguing teams out there are the St. Louis Blues, who are currently out of a playoff spot in the West.

“St. Louis is interesting because their GM Doug Armstrong will not be satisfied with just getting into the playoffs,” Rupp explained. “He’ll sell at the deadline to do what’s necessary for his team to be better in the future.

“They’ve got Ryan O’Reilly, Vladimir Tarasenko, and Ivan Barbashev as pending UFAs. There’s been some links with maybe O’Reilly to Toronto, which would be huge for the Leafs. I wonder, how a potential land of Vlad Tarasenko would be on the wing (for the Rangers). If you had a second line of Panarin, Trocheck, and Tarasenko– sign me up for that.”

Tarasenko, 31, is in the final year of his deal with an AAV of $7.5 million. This season, he’s posted 29 points in 34 games for the Blues and still has an open trade request that has not been publicly rescinded. It’s also been speculated that he’s going to test the free agent market in July.

The winger is currently on LTIR with a hand issue but is reportedly expected to be back by All Star Weekend in early February, well ahead of the trade deadline.

“When I think of Vlad Tarasenko, that’s the intriguing one,” Rupp stated. “He’s 235 pounds and I walked by him at an All Star Game in Nashville a few years ago. He’s walking down the hallway and he’s so big… He’s so powerful out there and he plays in traffic…that’s the type of guy the Rangers need.”

Tarasenko has a full no-move clause, but some good news for the Rangers is that they are one of the few teams he’d be willing to waive it for at the deadline. That should help GM Chris Drury in what should be a very reasonable package that must include at least a first-round pick, and probably Vitali Kravtsov.

At the end of the day, the general consensus is that Patrick Kane is the Rangers top option. However, if they fail to make that trade, Tarasenko would be a great fallback option.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Jonny Brodzinski Waived

Almost 7 million in cap space

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:07 am

^^^ Brodzinski was given a good look - didn't quite have it here
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:52 am

Another big one tonight :-

@ Toronto

The cream rises to the top and the shit falls to the bottom

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:18 pm

hockeygame3 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:52 am

@ Toronto

Getting to that time where The cream rises to the top and the shit falls to the bottom
Toronto native Will Cuylle has been called up from the American Hockey League and will make his NHL debut on Wednesday.

"Real exciting," said Gallant. "You know, his hometown. First NHL game. It's going to be outstanding for the kid. Hopefully he'll play real well and pop at least one goal."

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:54 am

hockeygame3 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:52 am

@ Toronto

The cream rises to the top and the shit falls to the bottom
Losers Points Suck

we did not get pushed around
EVERY mistake seems to end up in the back of the net (1st goal against) ](*,) ](*,)

AND....
IGOR doesn't seem to be able to close the show :- :-

when you are handed a lead going into the 3rd.... it needs to be automatic
and right now; it's not
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:12 am

alright

now let's turn it up a notch or three
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:29 am

Captain Crunch :clap :clap :clap

just remember: if you keep giving
there's a good chance Breadman or Mikka will get

the league has to enforce the 2/5/10 more often on that
Capn' Crunch shouldn't have to defend himself every time he hits someone
This is BIG BOY hockey - and his hands are always down and he doesn't target a guy's head
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:28 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:29 am

Captain Crunch :clap :clap :clap

just remember: if you keep giving
there's a good chance Breadman or Mikka will get

the league has to enforce the 2/5/10 more often on that
Capn' Crunch shouldn't have to defend himself every time he hits someone
This is BIG BOY hockey - and his hands are always down and he doesn't target a guy's head
Fuckin great game last night :lol:
Old school black and blue ice bag hockey

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:15 pm

#-o
Last edited by hockeygame3 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:20 pm

#-o
Last edited by hockeygame3 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:04 pm

:-k :-k :-
he gets hurt regularly
and
in the playoffs he's on the wrong side of the puck all the time
90 playoff games 41 goals and 60 total points and carrying a -22 :shock:

tell me why this is a missing piece?
do we think we're going to teach this guy how to play defense at this point ](*,)

:-k
would bring some offense to the 4th line - thanks for playin' Mr Blais (not his fault PK slew footed him)
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:48 pm

Sad to see Tarasenko leave St. Louis. I'll get to see him in a Rangers uniform at the Blues game in St. Louis on April 6, 2023, which also happens to be Grateful Dead Night at the Blues game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhBnsjNiWQ

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:13 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:04 pm

he gets hurt regularly
and

do we think we're going to teach this guy how to play defense at this point ](*,)

would bring some offense to the 4th line - thanks for playin' Mr Blais (not his fault PK slew footed him)
This guy is very good :-
Give it time :-
Your team just got better when you add Tarasenko to your squad

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:51 pm

hockeygame3 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:13 pm
2pigpen wrote:

he gets hurt regularly
and

He disappears come playoff time. He didn't do much for the Blues in the playoffs over the years.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:21 pm

berry_good wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:51 pm
hockeygame3 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:13 pm
2pigpen wrote:

he gets hurt regularly
and

He disappears come playoff time. He didn't do much for the Blues in the playoffs over the years.
Tarasenko has wanted out of St. louis for a while now
It was obvious he was not happy
He got his wish to play for a contender
Let's see what happens

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:09 pm

Chicago Blackhawks pending unrestricted free agent Patrick Kane admitted Friday he was "intrigued" by the New York Rangers as a potential trade destination.

The door for a move to Broadway appeared to close Thursday, though, with the Rangers acquiring winger Vladimir Tarasenko in a blockbuster trade with the St. Louis Blues.

"It's not like the happiest I've been to hear about a trade," Kane said Friday, per NBC Sports Chicago. "I think the Rangers are a team that you definitely pay attention to and definitely are intrigued by, for obvious reasons."

"If things were going to happen, that was a team I was definitely looking at," Kane added. "It seems like they kind of filled their void and went ahead and made a deal, so it is what it is."

Patrick Kane on Vladimir Tarasenko trade to Rangers: "It's not like the happiest I've been to hear about a trade. I think the Rangers are a team that you definitely pay attention to and definitely are intrigued by, for obvious reasons." #Blackhawks

— Charlie Roumeliotis (@CRoumeliotis) February 10, 2023
Playing out the last of an eight-year deal with the Blackhawks, Kane has a full no-move clause and has reportedly not yet made his decision on whether he'd prefer to be traded at the deadline.

TSN Hockey Insider Chris Johnston noted Thursday that Chicago will now have one less landing spot for Kane, if he elects to be moved, after the Tarasenko trade.

"I'm looking first and foremost at Patrick Kane because this move now gives him one less thing to think about. And it's a significant thing," Johnston said on Insider Trading. "There are those close to Kane that believed that if he got to a point where he was ready to waive his no-movement clause from the Chicago Blackhawks, that New York would be the prime destination in Patrick Kane's mind. And that's no longer in play.

"The Rangers, ultimately, decided that the acquisition cost plus the cap implications had Tarasenko making more sense for them. And so while Kane continues to mull his options, the odds of him leaving Chicago get just a little bit slimmer. Because I believe there's only a small handful of teams he'd even consider waiving that no-movement clause for."

Kane says hip injury is overblown
Kane has nine goals and 35 points in 46 games while reportedly playing through a hip injury.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported Thursday the Rangers had "some concerns" over the injury when considering a potential trade for the 34-year-old.

Kane said Friday he believes the injury has been blown out of proportion in the lead up to the deadline.

"Yeah, I think so," he said. "I'm not sure what the story is to be honest with you, but I feel better than I did last year. It's just one of those things that maybe the story leaks out and it piles up a little bit."

Following the Rangers move for Tarasenko, Kane dropped to No. 7 on the TSN Trade Bait list after previously being listed at No. 3.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:31 am

Nice win last night

The rangers were pumped up

The real test is today @ Carolina

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:20 pm

Vitali Kravtsov was scratched by the New York Rangers prior to tonight’s huge victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. NY Post reporter Larry Brooks asked head coach Gerard Gallant prior to the match if he didn’t see enough from the winger or just wanted a different look.

“A little bit of both,” Gallant said. “I wasn’t disappointed in him but we wanted a different mix tonight. So it was a combination of both.”

Rumblings around the Rangers is that Kravtsov is now being made available to the league for a trade. This was confirmed by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman during his latest 32 Thoughts segment.

“Kravtsov scratched tonight,” Friedman noted. “I think he’s been made available.”

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:04 pm

Kravtsov was given bad advice (in my opinion) by his agent/family to return to Russia
last season when he was assigned to Hartford out of camp
A year on/in a North American circuit would have done wonders for his game

He shows great talent, but is under-developed
I don't see him at this point being anything but a journeyman for a while
A team will always take a flyer on him because of potential

He has shown he can't play a mans' game yet and gets pushed around
I haven't seen him able to create his own shot (it took Kakko the better part of 3 years to find his)
and since he shows no willingness to go deep into the corners to get pucks... :shrug

He will be a "throw in" to get a bigger deal done if Drury has eyes on some more big fish

THE FUTURE IS NOW
let's go for it
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time