A Word For Weireverywhere for .org

The Rastadog vibration is positive
jessp
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: A Word For Weireverywhere for .org

Post by jessp » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 pm

damn, sad news. :( condolences to all you folks struggling on a personal level and most of all his family. how devastating. RIP Tom
JessP

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 pm

wow, its really starting to settle in now. we were supposed to go to delfest together....i guess i have a delfest ticket for sale. dont think ill go now
Because we are all in this together is a far better philosophy than you are on your own

pstoltz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by pstoltz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 pm

~me wrote:Thanks for fixing the video...that was beautiful, pstoltz...very nice.
red grenadine wrote:beautiful song, He who shall not be named. thanks for posting.
np. he's in the greatest transition of all (I think) and want to remember him as a great energy to this community. Like another said - I'll think of him every time I listen to bluegrass
"a friend told me I'd find you there"

CloudHands
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by CloudHands » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 pm

posted some flatpicking and acoustic dead in the musicians corner, we really should keep that thread going.

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 pm

i have a few very talented musicians who are willing to perform and they know everything the dead have to offer...like literally everything
Because we are all in this together is a far better philosophy than you are on your own

Bendicon
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Bendicon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm

~me wrote:http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... id=5463290
  • In Memory of
    Thomas Patrick Wallace
    August 30, 1985 - March 16, 2013
    Obituary

Wallace, Thomas Patrick

On March 16, 2013, Thomas Patrick Wallace, beloved son of Patrick Thomas Wallace and Mary Ellen Keller Wallace; devoted brother of Robert Sean Wallace and Cara Maureen Wallace; Loving grandson of Robert A. Keller,Sr., Josephine D. Keller, Thomas Leo Wallace and Regina M. Wallace; dear nephew of Christopher Wallace and the Keller family of Catonsville.

A memorial mass will be celebrated at St. Stephen's Catholic Church (Bradshaw) on Saturday March 23, 2013 tentatively at 10:00 am. Interment: Private.
    http://www.schimunekfuneralhomes.com
Thank you for posting this
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/ ... irls-1.jpg
"If the Grateful Dead came to town, I'd beat my way in with a fucking tire-iron, if necessary..."
-Hunter S. Thompson

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 am

one time i was dating a woman who was a little too hippe/bluegrass...her name was lisa and she really liked the hillbilly grass band or whatever the fuck their names were..tom liked em too....anyway me and her went over toms old house in perry hall back when his mom and dad were still together and his dad was a fucking baller...anyway we smoked out of his vape and got ridiculously stoned. i am and always have been kind of a light weight. i passed out on his bedroom floor. my ex wakes me up and tells me we have to go. toms mom had busted us smoking in the house and she was mad because of toms brother robbie and his little sister (she was very young then, she is a dime piece now lol) that wasnt that funny or anything but i remember that one.

we would hang out on saturdays at this scum bag daves house and sniff percs and smoke pot all day recently, i quit opiates and stopped hanging out with him. people, places, things kinda deal

we went to dso and he offered to buy these girls a drink after he told this one girl she smelled like his grandmom and after they refused he made a scene

one good memory i have is going over his house right before his parents split. we got snowed in and watched a new movie at the time. woke up and were snowed in for hours. we sat with his mom and talked music and religion for hours.

t

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 am

there was another time we went to ocean city, his mom got us the place. we were going to go to my friends place for a party and he INSISTED we do it at this place his mom got us....well the party got loud and he freaked out on everyone and made everyone leave.....lol....i never thought id look back on that and laugh

steelinfaces
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by steelinfaces » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 am

INSIDE VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsabo45
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dsabo45 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 am

Go to delfest steelin. A lot of us will be there. Tom wanted u to go and that wiuldnt change

Clarebear
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Clarebear » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am

I'll take care of the flowers. If anyone wants to contribute hit me up on PayPal. I am sorry I can't be there in person to hug tom's mom and see .orgers.
Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and drift away

dograt
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dograt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 am

gratefuldaddy wrote: The beauty of our music and community is it lives on the edge. The edge is where new ideas and amazing things happen. But edges have sharpness too. Let's enjoy the edge and help each other.
In my 40 years, I have never seen a better description than this. Well said indeed.

Beyond Description
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Beyond Description » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 am

I remember seeing Tom at Rat-Dog shows -- we never really said much to each other but I knew he was WeirEverywhere on .org. I actually jammed with him once in '07 at a hotel we were both staying at--played a short rendition of Fire On The Mountain. Now that I think about it, It was on 3/16/07 or 3/17--pretty much 6 years to the day before he left us.

When I found out he was gone, I was at a St. Patrick's Day party. I couldn't believe it. The day was going so well and then BOOM. I didn't read to much into it until later on in the day. I was sitting down in my friend's living room reading the threads while listening to my friends play some music on acoustic guitars. As I opened the thread Tom had posted regarding the final open mic he'd ever perform, I noticed the last song was Box of Rain. How fitting, I thought. It was then that I realized my friends were playing Box of Rain...I don't know if it was coinciedence or what (I didn't disclose Tom's passing until later on) but I felt a wave of emotion flood over me and started to tear up. I sang along with the song and thought of Tom, hoping that he was at peace.

Tom was 27, the same age that I am. Life is a fragile thing and sometimes it's easy to slip. I only wish he could have gotten help sooner. He was always talking about his future--moving West, buying new guitars, getting a new job somewhere. It's really sad to think about. I agree with others stating that if you see someone who has an addiction or it heading down the wrong track in life, try to get them the help they need. You may just save someone's life.

dsabo45
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dsabo45 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am

WTF is a dime piece?

youngandunderpaid
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by youngandunderpaid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 am

dsabo45 wrote:WTF is a dime piece?
a 10/10 :lol:
Dale 3:16 For Dale so loved the world he left his only begotten son (Jr.) that whosoever shall rooteth for him shall not perish but have ever lasting freedom in 'merica.

#3 RIP #3

deadfan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by deadfan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

dsabo45 wrote:Go to delfest steelin. A lot of us will be there. Tom wanted u to go and that wiuldnt change
This brother, you should go.
such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there

NorthBound Train
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by NorthBound Train » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:12 pm

RIP So sad. :(

neverstop
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by neverstop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:26 pm

I met Tom once at The Beacon years ago, so young and innocent. I recall a genuinely nice person.

Such a tragic loss! My heart goes out to his family and friends.
driftin and dreamin

PlayingDead
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by PlayingDead » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm

RIP Tom. What can be said that hasn't been said already about losing someone at such a young age. Sorry we never got a chance to pick together but I always enjoyed discussing the merits of various acoustics with you.

The man had fine taste in guitars, as well as music. :guitar

loonyj
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by loonyj » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Miss you Tom, maybe now finally you'll find some peace.

Godspeed you on your final journey.

Bendicon, I assume you'll be there. Give a hug to Tom's Mom, for now she too knows the pain of losing a child. It genuinely suck beyond anything else I can think of. A personal acquaintance with pain.