god bless him
:rofl :rofl

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: It's a great day for hockey 2020- 2021

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am

Crosby has wrist surgery, expected to miss start of season for Penguins
Center's recovery to take at least six weeks; no update on Malkin after procedure on right knee

Backes retires from NHL after signing one-day contract with Blues
Forward played 10 seasons with St. Louis, scored four points for Ducks in 2020-21

Bergeron to decide on contract, future with Bruins after season
36-year-old captain entering final year of deal, has only played for Boston

Fischler, Holmgren, McNab elected to U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame
Class of 2020 also to be enshrined in December

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:07 pm

Ryan Kesler is still recovering from resurfacing surgery on his left hip in February and said he understands he'll never play in the NHL again.

The 37-year-old also had resurfacing surgery on his right hip May 9, 2019.

"I tried coming back on my first hip and I was working hard rehabbing and skating, and then my other hip went and blocked all my momentum," Kesler said Monday. "And to be honest, I'm still a far way away to even coming close. I don't think I'll ever get to an NHL level again. I'm just hoping to get to a level that I'm happy at."

Kesler played 15 seasons in the NHL with the Vancouver Canucks and Anaheim Ducks but has not played since March 6, 2019, for Anaheim against the St. Louis Blues. He has one season remaining on the six-year contract he signed with the Ducks on July 15, 2015.

"It got to a point, my last couple years playing, I hated the game, I hated playing," he said. "Going to the rink, being in pain and then not being able to do what you normally do. Your mind wants you to do it and you just can't do it. That was when I knew, let's get something done, let's reset, let's try to get back to loving the game again. And I started loving the game again. I was trying to get back and skating and then my [left hip] went and I was like, 'You know what? I'm not going through this again.'

"I still skate three days a week just trying to get back to a level that I'm happy at. But I'm 37 years old. As much as my mind's like, 'Oh yeah, I can play again,' I'm not going to be that guy that's that naive to think that I can compete in the League, let alone be myself in the League again."

Selected by the Canucks in the first round (No. 23) of the 2003 NHL Draft, Kesler has scored 573 points (258 goals, 315 assists) in 1,001 regular-season NHL games and 65 points (24 goals, 41 assists) in 101 Stanley Cup Playoff games. He won the Selke Trophy, presented annually to the forward best to excel in the defensive aspects of the game as voted by the Professional Hockey Writers Association, in 2011 and also helped the United States win the silver medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.

Kesler, who was born in Livonia, Michigan, has moved his family back to the area so he and his wife's four children can be closer to family.

"Both our families are from here," he said. "People don't understand, when you play in the NHL you barely see your family. You might see them once or twice a year during the season and then sporadically during the summer because you're training full time. I really wanted my kids to grow up around family and have a family environment and kind of get away from California, having to live a five-hour flight away from them. I just wanted a family environment for my family, for my children."

Kesler is staying active by coaching his son's 11U team with the Little Caesars hockey program, which is based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. He was also named a volunteer assistant coach with the USA Hockey National Team Development Program Under-18 team Friday.

Kesler, who played for the NTDP from 2000-02, lives about 25 minutes from USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan, making his new role an easy commitment for him.

He said he'll work with the players a few days each week, focusing mainly on face-offs, defensive-zone coverage and the penalty kill.

"I can skate, I can demonstrate [drills], I can take face-offs against the kids," Kesler said. "I'm a lot more functional now than I was before both resurfacings. But at the same time, I can't run, I can't do anything that's pounding. Can I play with my kids and play basketball and jog around a bit? Yeah, but I'm not playing full-court basketball or anything. That stuff [stinks]. I'm still building myself up to hopefully being able to do that, but it's a slim chance. My body age is like 80."

What a shame ](*,) You could see his game go down hill in the later years now we know why

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Fred Stanfield, who played in 14 NHL seasons and was a key part of the Boston Bruins' championship teams in the early 1970s, passed away on Monday at the age of 77.

Stanfield played six seasons with the Bruins from 1967 to 1973, helping the team win Stanley Cups in 1970 and 1972.

He was acquired from the Chicago Blackhawks in 1967 in a blockbuster trade that saw the Bruins land forwards He who shall not be named Esposito and Ken Hodge for Gilles Marcotte, Pit Martin and Jack Norris.

Centreing Boston's second line between Johnny Bucyk and John 'Pie' McKenzie, Stanfield scored 20 or more goals in all six of his seasons with the Bruins.

He tallied 211 goals and 616 points in 914 NHL games for the Blackhawks, Bruins, Minnesota North Stars and Buffalo Sabres from 1964 to 1978.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 pm

Report: Sens believed to offer Tkachuk 8-year, $64 million deal :lol: :shock:

Hurricanes announce team is 100 per cent vaccinated

Predators' arena latest in NHL to require test or vaccination

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Three-time Stanley Cup winner Pat Maroon returns to his hometown of Oakville, Mo. with the Stanley Cup.

Photos from yesterday of Pat Maroon & fans with the Stanley Cup in Oakville, Mo.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 695.html#1

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:38 am

:shrug :shrug
...and I thought Chara was finished a dozen years ago
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:54 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:38 am
:shrug :shrug
...and I thought Chara was finished a dozen years ago
You and the rangers are going to see a lot off Mr. Chara next year :- :-

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:39 pm

The Buffalo Sabres signed defenceman Rasmus Dahlin to a three-year, $18 million contract on Wednesday.

Dahlin, a restricted free agent this off-season, will carry a cap hit of $6 million under the new deal.

IT’S DONE! 👊

We’ve agreed to terms with Rasmus Dahlin on a three-year contract with an AAV of $6 million.

Details: https://t.co/NqqhKJpHXv pic.twitter.com/yHQMA4WxCL

— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) September 22, 2021
Selected first overall in the 2018 NHL Draft, Dahlin is entering his fourth season with the Sabres.

The 21-year-old had five goals and 23 points in 56 games last season. He has 18 goals and 107 points in 197 career games with Buffalo.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Hockey is coming to Turner Sports' networks and platforms as TNT will present an NHL preseason doubleheader on Sept. 30, featuring the Boston Bruins led by Patrice Bergeron hosting the Philadelphia Flyers and Claude Giroux at 7:30 p.m. ET, and the Vegas Golden Knights with Mark Stone facing off against the Los Angeles Kings and Anze Kopitar at 10 p.m. from Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, UT.

Kenny Albert, Eddie Olczyk and Keith Jones will provide game commentary for Flyers-Bruins, and Brendan Burke, Darren Pang and Jackie Redmond will be on the call for Golden Knights-Kings. Host Liam McHugh, analysts Anson Carter and Rick Tocchet, and contributor Tarik El-Bashir will provide studio coverage and updates from the NHL on TNT studio in Atlanta. Turner Sports' inaugural NHL season will feature a deep roster of esteemed analysts, commentators and contributors to NHL on TNT game and studio coverage.

TNT's NHL regular season opening week doubleheader will showcase the New York Rangers, led by Artemi Panarin, Mika Zibanejad and 2021 James Norris Memorial Trophy winner Adam Fox, visiting the Washington Capitals and their star-studded line-up highlighted by Alex Ovechkin, John Carlson, and Evgeny Kuznetsov on Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Later at 10 p.m., the 2021 Presidents' Trophy winners Colorado Avalanche and Nathan MacKinnon will host the Chicago Blackhawks, with the anticipated Chicago debut of 2021-22 Vezina Trophy winner Marc-Andre Fleury.

The NHL on TNT's weekly schedule will include exclusive coverage on 25 Wednesday nights throughout the season - including 15 doubleheaders. Starting in Spring 2022, the network will add seven weeks of Sunday afternoon telecasts for March and April. TNT will also be the home of the NHL's marquee outdoor games this season: the 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic on Saturday, Jan. 1, the 2022 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series on Saturday, Feb. 26, and the 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic on Sunday, March 13.

Announced earlier this year, Turner Sports' multi-year NHL agreement includes crowning a champion through its exclusive live coverage of the Stanley Cup Final on TNT in three of the seven years; half of the Stanley Cup Playoffs each year (half of the Conference Finals, First and Second Round games); and expansive digital and highlight rights for Bleacher Report, House of Highlights and additional platforms.

Live streaming coverage of all NHL on TNT games will be available via the WatchTNT app on mobile, tablet and connected TV devices and at http://www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt. Fans will be able to access the games whenever and wherever they desire by logging in with the username and password provided by their TV service provider.

About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of WarnerMedia, is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all platforms, widely recognized for its expansive partnerships with the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship and the National Hockey League. The Turner Sports portfolio also includes Bleacher Report, the #1 digital destination for young sports fans driving engagement and video views across all social platforms and the B/R app, with premier brands including House of Highlights, B/R Football, B/R Gridiron, B/R Kicks, B/R Betting, B/R Walk-Off, and B/R Gaming. Turner Sports co-manages NBA Digital - comprised of NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE Pass, the NBA App and NBAGLEAGUE.com - as well as NCAA.com and the NCAA March Madness Live suite of products. Visit the Turner Sports online pressroom for additional press materials; follow Turner Sports on Twitter at @TurnerSportsPR.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Kaprizov signs five-year, $45 million contract with Wild
Restricted free agent forward was NHL rookie of year last season :faint One good year In the show and it's worth 45 million

Parise agrees to contract with Islanders, motivated after Wild buyout
Forward gets one year, hoping to make impact with father's former team

Chara agrees to contract with Islanders, will play 24th NHL season
44-year-old defenseman gets one-year deal, is 13th in games played

Camp opens for most teams today

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:48 am

Eichel stripped of Sabres captaincy, placed on IR with neck injury
Center disagrees with Buffalo on surgery procedure, GM says 'we'll just let it play out'

Jack Eichel no longer is captain of the Buffalo Sabres.

General manager Kevyn Adams announced the decision Thursday after Eichel failed his training camp physical because of a herniated disk in his neck and was placed on injured reserve. Adams said the Sabres will not name a captain this season.

"I spoke to Jack two days ago, I spoke to the team yesterday and addressed this," Adams said. "From our perspective, the captain is your heartbeat of your team, and we are in a situation where we felt we needed to make that decision. ... There's a lot of voices in there that are strong, that are good pros. So we'll just, instead of rushing into that, we'll just let it play out."

Eichel was named captain Oct. 3, 2018, one year to the day after he signed an eight-year, $80 million contract ($10 million average annual value).

The 24-year-old center has been the subject of trade rumors in part because of a disagreement with the Sabres on how to treat his neck injury, which kept him out of the final 33 games of last season.

"What I would say was we're open to [a trade]," Adams said. "Like I've said before, with any player, how do we make our organization better? We have a plan. We are going to stick to our plan in the short term, a little bit medium and then longer term we're going to stick to it. ... I'm not going to get into predicting the future. What I can say is when it's the right time that we have a solution, we're going to make the right decision."

Eichel had expressed interest in an artificial disk replacement surgery while the Sabres have said their doctors aren't comfortable with a procedure that has not been performed on an NHL player and preferred an approach of rest and rehabilitation.

Adams said Thursday Eichel will now need neck surgery but that the two sides still disagree on what the procedure should be. He said Eichel has declined a fusion and the Sabres do not want him to have the disk replacement.

"At this point, Jack is not willing to move forward with what are doctors are suggesting is the fusion surgery," Adams said. "So we're going to continue to work towards solutions. ... What I can tell you is we have absolute trust in our doctors. They are the medical experts. They've been consistent since Day One. As I mentioned first and foremost, the health of Jack as a person not the hockey player. Secondly, how do we get through a process where you're hoping to avoid surgery and getting a player back on the ice?

"I give I give Jack a lot of credit in terms of doing his research and trying to understand different options. But, you know, our doctors have been clear from the beginning. If we got to this point, that's where they felt they would be comfortable."

Eichel, who will continue his rehab, recently changed agents and is now represented by Pat Brisson, whose clients include Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby and Toronto Maple Leafs center John Tavares. He was previoulsy represented by Peter Fish and Peter Donatelli.

"I've spoken to his previous agents daily, Pat Brisson daily," Adams said. "There's been a lot of communication. Jack's here for his physical. He made it clear to me that he doesn't want to be a distraction. He doesn't want to take away from what we are trying to build here, so he will continue his rehab, not necessarily in this facility on a daily basis, but then we'll work toward where we go from here."

Selected by Buffalo with the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, Eichel has scored 355 points (139 goals, 216 assists) in 375 games. He scored at least 24 goals in each of his first five NHL seasons, including a career-high 36 in 2019-20.

"You know this is an elite franchise player in his prime, under contract, and we need to, as an organization, move forward but we can't compromise on certain things that we believe," Adams said. "We're going to work at it. Every day we do. We have in the past and we will continue to."

Adams was asked if Eichel had played his last game for the Sabres.

"I would probably suggest that everyone in this room and across the hockey world believes a healthy Jack Eichel is a franchise player and these type of situations don't come up very often where players are moved," he said. "I know there have been a lot of things speculated. We believe there's value on Jack Eichel and we will do what we need to do as an organization to do the best we can moving forward and that's how we're going to do this."

The Sabres (15-34-7) finished last in the NHL standings and missed the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the 10th straight season. Buffalo lost 18 straight games (0-15-3) from Feb. 23- March 29, including the final 11 without Eichel.

"Jack's one of the best players in the world," Adams said. "And that's why I say having him healthy playing is what we all want. So we'll continue to look at every possibility of how we get there. And then if there's an opportunity to do something that we think's right for a franchise, we'll do it."

:shock: :shock: Jack could be done :-

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 am

Penguins F Malkin to miss first two months of season

Habs' Price, Hoffman fail physicals, likely to miss camp

Caps' Backstrom to miss start of training camp (hip)

Yzerman: Bertuzzi not vaccinated, expected to miss games in Canada

Kane cleared of gambling on games, under investigation over latest claims

Staal hoping to sign with American team for 18th NHL season

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm

hockeygame3 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:48 am

:shock: :shock: Jack could be done :-
at this point
if I were advising him:
I would advise to sit out the entire year (non injury) and somehow get the Buffalo contract voided
Go have the surgery he wants and take the time to rehab on his own dime
He turns 25 in October
it may take 2 years - but a 27 year old still has plenty in the tank (if not injured)
not sure why the Sabres are insistent on bone fusion when he prefers an artificial disc
a bad back has ended many a career
but sometimes you have to bet on yourself
(breadman did twice and he's done ok contract wise - completely different scenarios for sure)

very sad situation in Buffalo - 1st Evander Kane and his issues over the years
and now this fiasco with whom should be a premier player in the league
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:07 pm

NHL Network is your place for live games!
NHL Network will feature an extensive live game schedule throughout the 2021-22 preseason, beginning this Saturday, September 25 with the Montreal Canadiens at the Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00 p.m. ET.

Sat, Sept. 25 Montreal Canadiens Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM
Sun, Sept. 26 Boston Bruins Washington Capitals 5:00 PM
Sun, Sept. 26 Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets 8:00 PM
Sun, Sept. 26 San Jose Sharks Vegas Golden Knights 11:00 PM
Mon, Sept. 27 Toronto Maple Leafs Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM
Tues, Sept. 28 Boston Bruins New York Rangers 7:00 PM
Tues, Sept. 28 Colorado Avalanche Vegas Golden Knights 10:00 PM
Wed, Sept. 29 New Jersey Devils Washington Capitals 7:00 PM
Wed, Sept. 29 Detroit Red Wings Chicago Blackhawks 10:00 PM JIP
Fri, Oct. 1 New York Rangers New Jersey Devils 7:00 PM
Fri, Oct. 1 Los Angeles Kings Vegas Golden Knights 10:00 PM
Sat, Oct. 2 New York Rangers Boston Bruins 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct. 2 Washington Capitals Philadelphia Flyers 10:00 PM Time Shift
Sun, Oct. 3 Winnipeg Jets Vancouver Canucks 7:00 PM
Mon, Oct. 4 Boston Bruins Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM
Mon, Oct. 4 Chicago Blackhawks Detroit Red Wings 10:00 PM Time Shift
Tues, Oct. 5 Florida Panthers Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM
Tues, Oct. 5 Seattle Kraken Vancouver Canucks 10:00 PM
Wed, Oct. 6 Washington Capitals Boston Bruins 7:00 PM
Wed, Oct. 6 Los Angeles Kings Anaheim Ducks 10:00 PM
Thurs, Oct. 7 Pittsburgh Penguins Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM
Thurs, Oct. 7 Arizona Coyotes Vegas Golden Knights 10:00 PM
Fri, Oct. 8 Philadelphia Flyers Washington Capitals 7:00 PM
Fri, Oct. 8 Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames 10:00 PM JIP
Sat, Oct. 9 Carolina Hurricanes Nashville Predators 4:00 PM
Sat, Oct. 9 New York Rangers New York Islanders 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct. 9 Anaheim Ducks Los Angeles Kings 10:30 PM

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Toews expected to play first game for Blackhawks in more than one year
Captain missed last season with chronic immune response syndrome

Matthews practices with Maple Leafs for first time since wrist surgery
Center does puck-handling drills, takes shots, remains on track to play in season opener

McNab, Avalanche analyst, diagnosed with cancer
Former NHL forward elected to U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2021 will continue to call games

Blackwood undecided on COVID-19 vaccination for Devils
Goalie says he wants 'to check off a couple of boxes and not rush to do it'

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 am

The NHL has reached out out to Robin Lehner to set up an interview after the goaltender made several accusations on social media, including that teams give players drugs without a doctor's consent, a league spokesman confirmed to The Associated Press.

In a series of tweets Saturday, Lehner said he knows “many" teams that give sedatives and anxiety pills to players without a doctor's prescription. He referenced the Philadelphia Flyers and coach Alain Vigneault and claimed to have proof.

In a statement Sunday, Flyers general manager Chuck Fletcher denied that allegation.

“The health and well-being of our players is our top priority, and any care provided to them comes from the team’s health care professionals, not the coaching staff," Fletcher said. "We have no reason to believe any of our players have received improper care.”

Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly on Sunday morning said the league intended to speak with Lehner about his tweets. The league did not initially have plans to launch an independent investigation until the conversation with Lehner happens.

Lehner also accused the Buffalo Sabres of mismanaging an ankle injury when he played for them. His comments appeared to be related to the stalemate between Buffalo and now former captain Jack Eichel over how to treat a herniated disk.

The Sabres did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Lehner tweeted at the league and Players’ Association that they know how to reach him.

The 30-year-old Swede who plays for Vegas said the Golden Knights do not give players those drugs without doctor’s orders. He implied he's prepared to share more information from around the league.

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:14 am

hockeygame3 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 am
The NHL has reached out out to Robin Lehner to set up an interview after the goaltender made several accusations on social media, including that teams give players drugs without a doctor's consent, a league spokesman confirmed to The Associated Press.

=;
nothing new here

as if in the 1970's - 1980's that the NFL didn't know players were using anabolic steroids
and
as if in the 1980's Baseball and the NBA didn't know players were doing coke
and
like the NHL doesn't know it has alcoholics and speed freaks amongst their midst now

Baseball and Football used to put out plates of "Greenies" for games the get the players "up"

=;

the guy is dealing with his own mental health and it is his therapy to try and bring as many
people he's known around him down in his spiral...

yes there is an issue
people do drugs for every reason known to man
who would have thought that players want sleeping pills for airplane rides
or maybe just a little "upper" to get the legs going

same as it ever was
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: It's a great day for hockey 2021-2022

Post by hockeygame3 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Zibanejad agrees to eight-year contract extension with Rangers
Center could have been unrestricted free agent after this season

Ovechkin could play in Capitals opener
Forward is day to day with lower-body injury

Toews expects to play for Blackhawks in opener at Avalanche
Center says 'my game is there' after not playing last season with chronic immune response syndrome

Panthers sign Barkov to 8-year, $80M extension