Sphere Tips

RatDog.Org Message Board
pauly
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Sphere Tips

Post by pauly » Tue May 28, 2024 3:39 pm

So many questions…

Entrance Tips: Plaza vs Venetian Bridge vs Other?

Start Times: Unusually punctual or typical for the band?

End Times: Assume 11-ish

Lot Scene: Old school rager, moderately tolerated, or Police state?

denaz
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Sphere Tips

Post by denaz » Tue May 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Anymore cop questions baller?
when the going gets weird, weir turns pro

friki
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by friki » Tue May 28, 2024 5:48 pm

denaz wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:41 pm
Anymore cop questions baller?
Any more baller questions Cop?

jeffy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jeffy » Wed May 29, 2024 10:48 am

We took the Venetian bridge on the way in, not crowded and no issues. We waited awhile to leave the venue and the bridge was still jam packed and barely moving so made it outside from one of the bridge exits and walked up the sidewalk. I don't think there is a lot scene. Pre-game at one of the many bars in the Venetian or at the commercial shakedown at the Tuscany hotel. Security inside was chill. Show started right at the published time and I think it did end 11ish.

mossismyrice
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by mossismyrice » Wed May 29, 2024 11:10 am

Looks like I won't be going. I would only go to see D&C if the young folks in my life wanted to. They would prefer other trips......so, hopefully someday i'll get there to see another band.

stevus
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by stevus » Wed May 29, 2024 11:23 am

a friend went the other night and got cheap tickets that were obstructed view in the 100s on the side. i guess the obstruction was up and around because the pics he sent me were very close to the band (row 33) they looked better than any seats i've had for dead co by alot. i wish i could post the pics, but these are great seats with a perfect view of the stage. in any other arena they would be very expensive

terrapin710
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by terrapin710 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:27 pm

floor first 2 nights...taxi in ~ $8 from Harrahs (which gave me an awesome view of sphere and high roller ferris wheel) left 7:00 there 7:10 few folks in line (seperate line for gen adm) and rode the rail off to the jeff side seen all but drummers but can move around easily and have bar maids come out to you on floor...sweet! fri. stubhub floor $149 (seats went down to under $25) sat. paid full floor when went onsale, sunday hung outside venue where the music was piped outside until stubhub dropped and paid $140 for 100 section but like row 24 which you didn't get full sphere but saw band great. All the ol' tour heads ~ lottsa fun at shakedown at the tuscany but hot as hell... heard they were moving it inside ~ and the venetian setup was super kewl...lottsa art, facts, pictures ..had a bar in there but was Monday and bar not set up (memorial day) can't wait to do it all over again..harrahs comped the room for 6 days which was a plus and it was real close to venue....could have walked but taxi was so cheap and got ya right to the door practically ~life is short...buy the ticket ... fun times!
"Love what you do and do what you love...
...imagination should be the center of your life."

trisha
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by trisha » Wed May 29, 2024 5:46 pm

740-1130 ish no curfew
So many roads to soothe my soul!
xoxo

mossismyrice
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by mossismyrice » Wed May 29, 2024 6:41 pm

Strong Internet rumor that Denaz will be there......confiscating pens.

dano
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by dano » Thu May 30, 2024 12:43 am

Trust me on this, sit down in your seat during drums
Just because i dont agree with your party, doesnt mean i agree with the other party..............

friki
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by friki » Thu May 30, 2024 8:24 am

mossismyrice wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 6:41 pm
Strong Internet rumor that Denaz will be there......confiscating pens.
What, we can't have this!!! Hippies need pens, man. PENS!!!!!! I mean, what are we without them?

I'm gonna strand him at the airport. He'll never find us....... 8)

wonderhide
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by wonderhide » Thu May 30, 2024 10:48 am

Had a blast Friday and Saturday, Saturday was the best post GD show I have seen, and that's not counting the visuals; tempos are up, crowd is energized, Bobby is loud and on point, Mayer is liquid.

Bathrooms: During the show go down to 200's or even better 100's, no line
Exit: for us, getting out via the main entrance and getting away from the sphere helped with getting an uber; we got jammed up around the Venetian on the first night. The Tuscany had a good cover band too.
Quease: 300's are a bit steep but not too bad, felt safe but had to really hold the rail getting to my seat. Also during liftoff and some other scenes it's like the sphere itself rotates (which it doesn't) but that can be a bit disorienting; I got used to it.
Location: We were way on the side in 211 on Friday and the sound was not as pristine and the visuals are wrinkled on the edge. Also seats were not haptic. In the middle of 305 the view is like 210 degrees so the illusions of space etc are truly immersive. Sound was impeccable. I had zero ear ringing afterwards which is nice.
Staff: Amazingly helpful and almost everywhere
Security; As long as you are not hitting anyone, everything seems cool.
Getting in: We breezed in the main doors both nights at 7, line took about 10 minutes. Plenty of people must go in early.
Other things to do: Although half the trails are now closed due to heat, the Valley of Fire was a welcome quiet and beautiful respite if you can get up early. It's an hour away

weironourown2
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by weironourown2 » Thu May 30, 2024 3:04 pm

venetian bridge closed this weekend according to reddit. :roll: (yeah - well)... .
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadandcompany ... qs_so_far/