Good Bye, Chester, You Will Be Missed

The Rastadog vibration is positive
Clarebear
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: Good Bye, Chester, You Will Be Missed

Post by Clarebear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks for the update. I burst into tears at the doc today thinking of him alone. So the news is a consolation.
Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and drift away

youngandunderpaid
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by youngandunderpaid » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 pm

I don't know what to say. I'm having trouble accepting this. To all of you who are hurting from this news I wish you peace. The sky has lost a bright, compassionate star.
Dale 3:16 For Dale so loved the world he left his only begotten son (Jr.) that whosoever shall rooteth for him shall not perish but have ever lasting freedom in 'merica.

#3 RIP #3

RambleonRose
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by RambleonRose » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Thank you for the update Sue. Im happy to hear Shelby is ok. I know how much he loved that bird. Almost makes me want to adopt her. Also very relieved to know he didnt suffer.

Ive had a very heavy heart today. We didnt see each other more than a couple times a year but it was always a very special day when I got to hug him. He was a GREAT hug!!! The world is a sadder place with Bruce in it. I will miss him.
Ive got a dream. Its about singing dancing and making people happy. Its the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family.~Kermit

rockitman
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by rockitman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Very sad. RIP Bruce ! You will be missed.
"Some folks look for answers, others look for fights"

karen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by karen » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:34 pm

RIP Chester

spinningon
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by spinningon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Goodbye Chester :'(

mossismyrice
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by mossismyrice » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Ugh - such terrible news.

Chester was a huge part of why I love this board so much.

RIP Chester, you absolutely will be missed.

We have lost quite a few dog.org'rs the last 2-3 years.

:(

For Sure
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by For Sure » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:24 pm

We have lost quite a few dog.org'rs the last 2-3 years
yea, sure have. Just so fucking sad. If anything this shows me is that it seems to me we should be posting and telling people what we think of them now, while they are here, and of course, the people in your every day life at home.

nuggets
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by nuggets » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57 pm

had to stop by after hearing the news. so sad and my heart goes out to all the family and friends that are affected by this. still finding it hard to believe. surely a lot of u knew bruce better than i did, but after meeting him at cornell furthur we've stayed in touch and have met up a few times as he used to drive right through my town to get to his place in nh. such a great guy. i'm about as picky as i comes as to who i enjoy hanging out with these days and bruce was perfect. he was one of those guys u kinda felt like you'd known for years already. just crushing to think he's gone.

be happy and healthy everybody. u just never know and every day is a gift. love u all.
Last edited by nuggets on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a universe that can't be seen
It's just a feeling if you know what I mean
A delectable dimension undetectable by sight
Fill up your heart in the dead of the night

jerry me
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by jerry me » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Heart breaking news, I just can believe it.
I never meet him in person but we traded a lot of music, lots of PM messages on here. The guy was too kind, always giving.

:cry:

MTFWBYSH

GratefulDeadhead
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by GratefulDeadhead » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 pm

I cant believe this incredibly sad news. Chester was a solid dude. never met him personally but we talked alot on email/forum etc. one of my favorite peoples ive met online. his absence is missed!

vegeta_ban
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by vegeta_ban » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:09 am

RIP Chester, you helped me troubleshoot a lot of shows!
"There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town - Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down"
R. Hunter

"Entropy is the most powerful force of nature"
Bob Weir 2010-02-15

http://gd19881995.info/live2.htm

311->294

SunshineSue
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:20 am

The funeral information, what I've received so far at least, is below. If they set up an online condolence book, I'll be sure to post the link.

The service is going to be held Saturday at 2 pm at the Center Church, 5604 Big Tree Road, Lakeville, NY 14480. We suggest that in lieu of flowers that donations can be made to the Raptor Resource Project (http://www.raptorresource.org/support-t ... e-project/)

teledan
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by teledan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:54 am

I'm saddened to read about this loss. I enjoyed Chester's positive postings on this board. I don't believe I ever met him.

RangerMom
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by RangerMom » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:10 am

Oh man.. Blue Skies Brother...

Pappy
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by Pappy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:44 am

Fuck. I never met him. Conversed frequently when I used to be on more. Always said we would meet. I know I had the chances. I know I had my opportunities to make it there and always said "see you next time." That is no way to live. I wish I'd taken the road less traveled and met this man. He felt very down to earth. Obviously a great heart and kind. Sorry I blew it, Bruce.

red grenadine
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by red grenadine » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:31 pm

RambleonRose wrote:Thank you for the update Sue. Im happy to hear Shelby is ok. I know how much he loved that bird. Almost makes me want to adopt her. Also very relieved to know he didnt suffer.

Ive had a very heavy heart today. We didnt see each other more than a couple times a year but it was always a very special day when I got to hug him. He was a GREAT hug!!! The world is a sadder place with Bruce in it. I will miss him.

Adopt that bird!!!! He would be so happy to know the bird is being loved by someone he loved and trusted...
Put your arms around me like a circle round the sun

"it doesn't even make sense to me how awesome you are" - quoted by someone nearly blinded by my awesomeness

RambleonRose
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by RambleonRose » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:40 pm

I am definitely thinking about it Red. But Ive never had a bird before and I dont want to get in over my head on this. I love that donations are being made to Raptor Resources. That is the eagle nest cam that he and I watched for so many hours "together". We would always pm or text each other when there was fun activity in the nest. Very fitting as a tribute to him.
Ive got a dream. Its about singing dancing and making people happy. Its the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family.~Kermit

bones
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by bones » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:57 pm

RambleonRose wrote:I am definitely thinking about it Red. But Ive never had a bird before and I dont want to get in over my head on this. I love that donations are being made to Raptor Resources. That is the eagle nest cam that he and I watched for so many hours "together". We would always pm or text each other when there was fun activity in the nest. Very fitting as a tribute to him.
And...Just imagine the fun at next years's RoR fest when Art is running around flying his flag on that long pole :D

We could have raptor demos to go along with the ice cream truck :shock:
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

9/14 TAB - Hampton Beach
9/24 Oteil & Friends - Portsmouth NH
9/29 John Barlycorn Must Live - Maynard MA
11/2 RRE - Beverly MA
11/25 Dead Set - Zach Nugent - Nashua
12/1 Allman Betts Revival - Boston

SunshineSue
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi folks, another update. Below is what will be published in the Rochester paper tomorrow. Please note the link to send a condolence or memory.

Wheat, Bruce A.

Rochester/Henrietta, NY – December 15, 2015 at age 57. He is survived by his sister, Julie (David) Bufford; brother Gary (Eileen) Wheat; nephews, Gary T., John R. Wheat; nieces, Laura Stein, Kara Chong; several other extended family members. He was predeceased by his parents Gerald & Katherine (Kay) Wheat.

His Memorial Service will be held Saturday at 2pm at the Center Church, 5604 Big Tree Road, Lakeville, NY 14480. Private interment. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Raptor Resource Project (http://www.raptorresource.org), an organization near to Bruce’s heart. This organization specializes in the preservation of falcons, eagles, ospreys, hawks, and owls. To share a memory or send a condolence see http://www.stephensondoughertyfuneralhome.com.