It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: New York Rangers 2021/22

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 pm

So the kid wants to be a ranger but will not report to Hartford

How the hell are you going to be called up if your in Russia

Don't you think you would have a better chance to make the club if you played in Hartford

people get hurt all the time and the next day your playing at MSG

Your not special get in line and follow the program

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 am

Not a good night in Edmonton :-

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:10 pm

hockeygame3 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 am
Not a good night in Edmonton :-
nope
blowing a 3 goal lead after blowing a 2 goal lead in the previous game is never a good look

and
you cannot win if you do not score
the game in Calgary looked like a team already sitting on the plane waiting for takeoff to go home

losers points suck

on the bright side
it is a learned trait to close out games
playoff time is when you look at the clock and when winning know it's your friend
and that you make the opponent come 200' EVERY TIME...
they can learn from this... it takes mental toughness to win consistently and close out a game
we are still mainly children - the vets who have touched the silver need to chirp in the kids ears
to let them know how letting up on an opponent is NEVER an option in any game - 'cause we are
not good enough to be able to do that on any level and get away with it

Calgary looks way scary and Edmonton still needs one more piece to take the pressure off Macdavid and Dreiseitle - because in the playoffs you can shut down one line if you need to
and as of yet - Edmonton shows they are not built for the playoffs but built to win every day games

going to be interesting to see who/what is available at the deadline and whether the Oilers go all in and get another solid scorer to get the pressure off that 1st line just a little

while Gretzky and Messier had all the spotlight; the line with Andersson made it impossible to pick whom to focus on... Andersson had an incredible amount of playoff goals
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:10 pm

brutal
just brutal

the game is sixty minutes children
you have to play each and every one of them HARD

dang
how many multi goal leads can one team cough up in a week :shrug
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:25 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:10 pm
brutal
just brutal

the game is sixty minutes children
you have to play each and every one of them HARD

dang
how many multi goal leads can one team cough up in a week :shrug
Way too many goals :-
They are a -4 in goals and in 2nd place :-k

That will not last if the GA does not come down alot

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am

What is the New York Rangers' issue with consistency? They have games when they play like world-beaters and then games when they look like they don't know how to play hockey. What do you make of it? -- @MattFitz2838

I asked Rangers coach Gerard Gallant a similar question after their 4-3 win against the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden on Monday. The Rangers led 4-0 in the second period before the Panthers made it a one-goal game in the closing minutes. The win came two days after a 6-0 loss at the Calgary Flames, which came 24 hours after the Rangers blew a 4-1 lead against the Edmonton Oilers and lost 6-5 in overtime. The Rangers also couldn't hold a 2-0 third-period lead against the Vancouver Canucks and lost 3-2 in overtime on Nov. 2. There also was a 5-1 loss to the Flames at home Oct. 25, two days after they scored three goals in the final 5:23 to defeat the Ottawa Senators 3-2. The Rangers followed that loss against the Flames with arguably their best game of the season, a 4-0 home win against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Oct. 29.

"I wish I had the answer for you right now," Gallant said. "We've been talking about it, we've been showing some video about it, but it just seems that we give up the slot shots more than anyone else. It's frustrating."

The slot shots are a concern for the Rangers, who allow 4.615 shots per game from the high slot, which was second-most in the NHL entering Tuesday, according to NHL Stats. There were 17 teams allowing more shots on goal per game from the low slot area than the Rangers (8.38 per game), but Gallant is right to be concerned about what they are giving up in that area. A big part of that is the Rangers don't have the puck enough. They are last in shot-attempts percentage at 43.3 percent. They are 27th in face-off winning percentage at 46.8 percent, including being last in defensive-zone face-off winning percentage at 39.1 percent. Take face-offs for what they are, a glorified puck battle, but when you're losing more than 60 percent of them in the defensive zone, it means you're playing defense more than you'd like.

Another problem is inconsistent play at even strength from their top players. The Rangers have scored 16 goals at 5-on-5, which is tied for 28th in the NHL. Chris Kreider and Alexis Lafreniere lead New York with three 5-on-5 goals each. Mika Zibanejad has scored two. Ryan Strome has scored one. Artemi Panarin and Kaapo Kakko have scored zero. Kakko hasn't scored a point in nine games this season. The Rangers won Monday by scoring a power-play goal, a shorthanded goal and two 4-on-4 goals. That's unsustainable.

But the good news is they're 7-3-3 and have played nine road games, including three trips to Canada. They have a lot of work to do. They rely way too much on goalie Igor Shesterkin, who is an early-season Vezina Trophy candidate (10 games, 6-2-2, 2.37 goals-against average, .931 save percentage). What they are going to be this season remains to be seen, but they risk falling apart if they don't fix their inconsistencies, particularly at 5-on-5 at each end of the ice.

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:21 pm

lifted from the New York Post
Sammy Blais out for season with torn ACL in big Rangers blow
By Justin Tasch

Rangers winger Sammy Blais is out for the season with a torn ACL, The Post’s Larry Brooks reports, after his skate was clipped by Devils defenseman PK Subban during Sunday’s game at the Garden.

Blais, 25, will have surgery in a couple of weeks after the swelling in his knee goes down.

It is a big blow for the Rangers, who acquired Blais from the Blues in July in the trade that sent Pavel Buchnevich to St. Louis. Blais had been playing on the Rangers’ top line with Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider in recent games.
I knew it was bad when I saw the replay
Knees don't bend the way his got bent :(

I stand by my assessment - I didn't think PK Subban was trying to slew foot or hurt him
but he does stick out his leg as if by instinct.... and that is an issue now since someone got hurt

the kid is 25 and these injuries aren't necessarily the death knell to a career as it once was
but there is no doubt the player is never the same as before - he's "young" - maybe by 27-28
he can be what he was leading up to last Sunday night
tough break

<<<
in a world where the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back...
NEXT
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:53 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:21 pm
lifted from the New York Post
Sammy Blais out for season with torn ACL in big Rangers blow
By Justin Tasch

Rangers winger Sammy Blais is out for the season with a torn ACL, The Post’s Larry Brooks reports, after his skate was clipped by Devils defenseman PK Subban during Sunday’s game at the Garden.

Blais, 25, will have surgery in a couple of weeks after the swelling in his knee goes down.

It is a big blow for the Rangers, who acquired Blais from the Blues in July in the trade that sent Pavel Buchnevich to St. Louis. Blais had been playing on the Rangers’ top line with Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider in recent games.
I knew it was bad when I saw the replay
Knees don't bend the way his got bent :(

I stand by my assessment - I didn't think PK Subban was trying to slew foot or hurt him
but he does stick out his leg as if by instinct.... and that is an issue now since someone got hurt

the kid is 25 and these injuries aren't necessarily the death knell to a career as it once was
but there is no doubt the player is never the same as before - he's "young" - maybe by 27-28
he can be what he was leading up to last Sunday night
tough break

<<<
in a world where the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back...
NEXT
:- :- Pk slew foot has done this type of stuff before :- :-

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Maple Leafs look good against us

we clamped down on Austin Mathews and they get 2 goals off the back end :twisted:

both teams very tight defensively all night
good game to watch

can't win them all
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:16 am

time to find a new understudy
Till They Put Me Under