hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: It's a great day for hockey 2021-2022

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:35 am

Oettinger signs three-year, $12 million contract with Stars
Emerged as No. 1 goalie, had memorable playoff run in loss to Flames

Thompson agrees to seven-year contract extension with Sabres
Forward will make $7.14 million annually, set NHL career highs in goals, assists, points last season

Kessel signs one-year, $1.5 million contract with Golden Knights
34-year-old forward 'very motivated' after he had 52 points with Coyotes last season

Stastny signs one-year, $1.5 million contract with Hurricanes
Forward had 45 points with Jets last season

Kulikov traded to Ducks by Wild for future considerations
Defenseman had 24 points, was plus-23 last season

Hill traded to Golden Knights by Sharks
Goalie to compete for playing time with Brossoit behind Thompson

Sullivan agrees to three-year extension as Penguins coach
Contract starts in 2024-25; Pittsburgh has reached playoffs in each of his seven seasons

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:19 am

The 2022-23 NHL national television schedule for the Walt Disney Company and Turner Sports was announced Wednesday.

The Walt Disney Co. will televise 103 games across ESPN, ESPN+, HULU and ABC, and more than 1,050 out-of-market games available on ESPN+.

ESPN will televise a season-opening doubleheader Oct. 11, when the New York Rangers host the Tampa Bay Lightning at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m. ET) before the Vegas Golden Knights visit the Los Angeles Kings at Crypto.com Arena (10 p.m. ET).

Other highlights include the New Jersey Devils at the Philadelphia Flyers on Oct. 13 (7 p.m. ET; ESPN+, HULU) in John Tortorella's debut as Flyers coach, Johnny Gaudreau's return to Calgary when the Columbus Blue Jackets visit the Flames on Jan. 23 (9:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, HULU), and a Stanley Cup rematch when the Lightning host the Colorado Avalanche on Feb. 9 (7 p.m. ET; ESPN).

ESPN will televise the 2023 NHL All-Star Skills presented by DraftKings on Feb 3 and the Honda NHL All-Star Game from FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, Florida, the following day. It will also televise the 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series between the Carolina Hurricanes and Washington Capitals at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Feb. 18 (8 p.m. ET).

ABC will televise games beginning in February following the All-Star Game, including doubleheaders Feb. 11, March 4 and March 11, and a tripleheader April 8.

ESPN, the NHL and The Walt Disney Co. agreed to a seven-year television, streaming and media rights deal March 10, 2021, that includes exclusive coverage of the Stanley Cup Final on ABC in four of its seven years with the ability to simulcast on ESPN+ and additional ESPN networks.

TNT begins its schedule with a doubleheader Oct. 12 featuring the Boston Bruins at the Washington Capitals (7 p.m. ET) and the Chicago Blackhawks at the Avalanche (9:30 p.m. ET), the first of exclusive coverage of 27 Wednesday nights throughout the season, which includes 23 doubleheaders. TNT will also televise four weeks of Sunday afternoon games in March and April.

TNT will also televise the 2023 Discover NHL Winter Classic on Jan. 2 (2 p.m. ET) between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins at Fenway Park in Boston, and will host every game of the 2023 Stanley Cup Final.

Turner Sports and the NHL announced a seven-year media rights agreement April 27, 2021, that will have regular-season and postseason games televised on TNT and TBS running through 2027-28. It will televise all Stanley Cup Final games this season, in 2025 and 2027, one conference final series each season, and half of the first two rounds of the playoffs.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:22 am

Stone on track for Golden Knights season opener after back surgery
Forward had procedure May 19; status for training camp uncertain

Stutzle contract adds to optimism surrounding Senators
Forward's eight-year, $66.8 million deal latest offseason move that has fans 'all pumped up'

Dach agrees to four-year, $13.45 million contract with Canadiens
Restricted free agent forward was traded to Montreal from Blackhawks

Connolly signs in Switzerland after buyout from Blackhawks

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:29 am

Players report this Sunday Sept. 11 for PHYSICALS

On ice work out Sept 12

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:05 pm

hockeygame3 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:29 am

On ice work out Sept 12
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:01 pm

Kyrou signs eight-year, $65 million contract to remain with Blues
Contract runs through 2030-31 season; forward had career-high 75 points last season

Players signed to professional tryouts for NHL training camps
Eric Staal, Aston-Reese, DeKeyser among those looking to earn job

Rodrigues signs one-year contract with Avalanche
Forward was unrestricted free agent, scored 19 goals for Penguins last season

McCabe to miss 10-12 weeks for Blackhawks after spinal surgery
Defenseman had 22 points in 75 games; forward prospect Luypen to miss 14-18 weeks

Nill signs one-year contract to remain Stars GM through 2023-24 season
64-year-old entering 10th season, has led Dallas to playoffs five times

Suzuki named Canadiens captain, youngest in team history
23-year-old center replaces Weber after defenseman was traded to Golden Knight

Couturier healthy for Flyers entering training camp
Center received final clearance from back surgery; Hayes has remained '100 percent' this summer

Horvat wants to stay with Canucks, says contract won't become distraction
Forward can become unrestricted free agent after this season, is Vancouver captain

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:02 pm

2pigpen wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:05 pm
hockeygame3 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:29 am

On ice work out Sept 12
Kiddie camp till Tuesday

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:54 pm

MacKinnon sets goal to sign new contract with Avalanche prior to season
Center tells 'NHL @TheRink' podcast he wants to play entire career with Colorado

Pastrnak hoping to sign contract to remain with Bruins
Forward can become free agent after season, 'really happy here'

Jets to enter season without captain, remove Wheeler from role
Forward served since 2016-17; Winnipeg will 'get more people involved' in leadership group

Marchand of Bruins skates for first time since surgery
Forward remains on track for late November return

Keller healthy, expects to play in Coyotes' season opener
Forward completed rehab for fractured leg, preseason workload uncertain

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:39 am

Chara retires from NHL, will sign one-day contract with Bruins
45-year-old defenseman played 24 seasons, set record for most games at position

Lundkvist traded to Stars by Rangers
Defenseman was No. 28 selection at 2018 NHL Draft; New York receives two conditional picks

NHL's 'ironman' Yandle retires after 17 seasons

Subban announces retirement from NHL at age 33

Forward Kurtis Gabriel retired from professional hockey on Monday after 51 career NHL games.

The 29-year-old, who appeared in two games with the Chicago Blackhawks last season, made the announcement on Twitter.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:33 am

Preseason games start today

Saturday, Sep 24

Ottawa@ Toronto
1:00 PM ET
SN NHLN
(split-squad doubleheader)
Boston@ Philadelphia
7:00 PM ET
NBCSP+, NESN NHLN

Ottawa@ Toronto
SN1
St. Louis@ Arizona
8:00 PM ET
at Wichita, Kan. (INTRUST Bank Arena)

berry_good
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by berry_good » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:35 am

Jack Straw from Wichita gets to see an NHL game for the first time!

Wichita is hosting its first NHL game ever Saturday when the Blues and the Arizona Coyotes open preseason play in a 7 p.m. contest at INTRUST Bank Arena.

And no one in the city of 390,000 in south-central Kansas is more excited than Joel Lomurno. He’s general manager of the Wichita Thunder hockey team of the ECHL, which is helping to present Saturday’s game. More importantly, he’s from the Philadelphia area and played college hockey at La Salle University in the late 1980s, early ’90s — a time when young Craig Berube was playing for the Flyers.

“Literally my idol,” Lomurno said. “My hair, my nickname, my number was Craig Berube. I was the ‘Chief.’ I wore No. 17. Had the long hair like him. He was my boy.”

Berube’s jersey number with the Flyers was 17.

“In fact, I had a men’s league game (Monday) night in my jersey No. 17,” Lomurno said. “My wife actually framed a Berube jersey for me about five years ago, in my office. I’m a big fan. I’ve got all his cards and (several) Berube jerseys. I wish hockey was still played like the Chief. He was tough. Tough as they come.”

One way or another, Lomurno plans on meeting Berube prior to Saturday’s game.

“We’ll see when I get there if I can be introduced to him,” said Berube, who was, uh, amused to hear about his fan in Wichita. “That’s great. It’s a nice to have fans, man. When I played I didn’t have a lot of them.”

But Lomurno won’t be the only Blues fan at INTRUST on Saturday. There is a decent Blues following in Wichita.

“I think they’ll find there are a lot of Blues fans here in town,” Lomurno said.

A crowd of 8,000 to 10,000 is expected at INTRUST, which seats 13,000. Wichita has been trying to get an NHL preseason game for years without success.

“We even had it written into our contract with Edmonton that we would discuss the possibility of having an NHL game here every season,” Lomurno said.

It never worked out, mainly because Edmonton didn’t want to give up the gate from a home preseason game, according to Lomurno. For the previous five years, the Thunder was Edmonton’s ECHL affiliate. This year the Thunder’s ECHL affiliate is the San Jose Sharks.

Getting this year’s game was greatly aided when a local Wichita promoter — G1 Sports & Entertainment — got involved. Also, the Arizona Coyotes, technically the home team, can’t play any preseason games in the Phoenix area while construction is finished on their new stadium — well, the stadium they will share with the Arizona State Sun Devils.

The Wichita game has been dubbed the “Frozen Faceoff.” There will be music, and inflatables for the kids to play on outside the arena before the game. Wichita native Chris Mann, a finalist on “The Voice” television show in 2012, will sing the National Anthem.

There will be promotions and giveaways during timeouts and between periods. And mascots from the Wichita Thunder, Wichita State Shockers and Arizona Coyotes will roam the stands.

The idea is to put on such a good show, that the NHL wants to come back to Wichita. And the fans want to come back to watch the NHL.

“I think there’s excitement here,” Lomurna said. “It’s the first ever time for an NHL game in Wichita. I think the guys are gonna love it because the arena is phenomenal. It’s NHL-like, so I think they’ll really like the setup when they get here.”

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm

berry_good wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:35 am
Jack Straw from Wichita gets to see an NHL game for the first time!

Wichita is hosting its first NHL game ever Saturday when the Blues and the Arizona Coyotes open preseason play in a 7 p.m. contest at INTRUST Bank Arena.

And no one in the city of 390,000 in south-central Kansas is more excited than Joel Lomurno. He’s general manager of the Wichita Thunder hockey team of the ECHL, which is helping to present Saturday’s game. More importantly, he’s from the Philadelphia area and played college hockey at La Salle University in the late 1980s, early ’90s — a time when young Craig Berube was playing for the Flyers.

“Literally my idol,” Lomurno said. “My hair, my nickname, my number was Craig Berube. I was the ‘Chief.’ I wore No. 17. Had the long hair like him. He was my boy.”

Berube’s jersey number with the Flyers was 17.

“In fact, I had a men’s league game (Monday) night in my jersey No. 17,” Lomurno said. “My wife actually framed a Berube jersey for me about five years ago, in my office. I’m a big fan. I’ve got all his cards and (several) Berube jerseys. I wish hockey was still played like the Chief. He was tough. Tough as they come.”

One way or another, Lomurno plans on meeting Berube prior to Saturday’s game.

“We’ll see when I get there if I can be introduced to him,” said Berube, who was, uh, amused to hear about his fan in Wichita. “That’s great. It’s a nice to have fans, man. When I played I didn’t have a lot of them.”

But Lomurno won’t be the only Blues fan at INTRUST on Saturday. There is a decent Blues following in Wichita.

“I think they’ll find there are a lot of Blues fans here in town,” Lomurno said.

A crowd of 8,000 to 10,000 is expected at INTRUST, which seats 13,000. Wichita has been trying to get an NHL preseason game for years without success.

“We even had it written into our contract with Edmonton that we would discuss the possibility of having an NHL game here every season,” Lomurno said.

It never worked out, mainly because Edmonton didn’t want to give up the gate from a home preseason game, according to Lomurno. For the previous five years, the Thunder was Edmonton’s ECHL affiliate. This year the Thunder’s ECHL affiliate is the San Jose Sharks.

Getting this year’s game was greatly aided when a local Wichita promoter — G1 Sports & Entertainment — got involved. Also, the Arizona Coyotes, technically the home team, can’t play any preseason games in the Phoenix area while construction is finished on their new stadium — well, the stadium they will share with the Arizona State Sun Devils.

The Wichita game has been dubbed the “Frozen Faceoff.” There will be music, and inflatables for the kids to play on outside the arena before the game. Wichita native Chris Mann, a finalist on “The Voice” television show in 2012, will sing the National Anthem.

There will be promotions and giveaways during timeouts and between periods. And mascots from the Wichita Thunder, Wichita State Shockers and Arizona Coyotes will roam the stands.

The idea is to put on such a good show, that the NHL wants to come back to Wichita. And the fans want to come back to watch the NHL.

“I think there’s excitement here,” Lomurna said. “It’s the first ever time for an NHL game in Wichita. I think the guys are gonna love it because the arena is phenomenal. It’s NHL-like, so I think they’ll really like the setup when they get here.”
With the shit storm that has been going on here in Az for the last 10 years, The coyotes might be calling Wichita home in the not-so-distant future :-

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:08 pm

NHL Training Camp Buzz: Carter injured in Penguins scrimmage
Bertuzzi, Sundqvist day to day for Red Wings; McCabe unlikely to be ready for Blackhawks opener

O'Reilly wants to stay with Blues but 'no real urgency' for new contract
Center can become unrestricted free agent after season

Landeskog likely to miss start of season for Avalanche with injury
Forward had knee surgery March 14, returned to help Colorado win Stanley Cup

Backstrom optimistic he'll return for Capitals this season after surgery
34-year-old center had procedure on left hip in June, feels 'no more pain'

Vegas Golden Knights forward Nolan Patrick will not play this season, general manager Kelly McCrimmon announced on Friday.

The team also reiterated goaltender Robin Lehner and defenceman Shea Weber would miss the season, as well.

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:02 am

Monday, Sep 26

Florida@ Nashville
4:00 PM ET

New Jersey@ Montréal
TSN2, RDS

NY Islanders@ NY Rangers
MSG, MSG+ NHLN

Florida@ Nashville

split-squad doubleheader)
St. Louis@ Dallas

Edmonton@ Seattle
10:00 PM ET
ROOT-NW

Los Angeles@ Vegas
10:00 PM ET
ATTSN-RM NHLN

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm

NHL Training Camp Buzz: Couturier won't need surgery for Flyers
Mikheyev week to week with lower-body injury; Kaprizov remains sidelined for Wild

Tavares out for start of season for Maple Leafs with oblique injury
Center to be sidelined at least three weeks, had 27 goals last season :- :-

Knight agrees to three-year contract with Panthers
Goalie could have become restricted free agent after season

Boeser likely to miss start of season for Canucks with hand injury
Forward expected to need 3-4 weeks to recover after having surgery :- :-

Avs release Galchenyuk from PTO - time to hang them up :-k

2pigpen
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by 2pigpen » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:41 pm

‘Crazy’ Sean Avery threatens neighbor, teens in parking dispute
By Ryan Glasspiegel
Sean Avery became embroiled in a row with some neighbors.

As TMZ published in a video, the latest installment in this series happened when the former Rangers forward confronted a group of people — including some teenagers — over how they parked on the street, outside a home where he said he was house sitting in Hollywood Hills, Calif. In the video, Avery said he lived two streets down from where the incident took place.

Avery was of the belief that the teens blocked the driveway of said home, and had a prolonged, profane back-and-forth that was captured on video.

“The next time one of you guys parks your cars there, I’m going to snap your windshield wipers off,” Avery told the group.

One of the recipients of the rant asked him if he was crazy.

“100 percent,” Avery answered. “Ask around.”
The man recording the video told Avery, “You don’t talk to little kids like that.”
To this, Avery invited the man to take the first shot.

“You can kick or punch me … You’re too f–king to short to actually challenge anyone,” Avery said.

The man continued to wonder why Avery was yelling at teens who were not his kid.

“If this was my kid, I’d pull his f–king hair into the house and I’d tell his dumb f–king friends to go home,” Avery said.

According to TMZ, police were not called in the incident.
This past June, Avery was found guilty of using a scooter to bash someone’s car in Manhattan. He had accused that person of blocking a bike lane several years back.

“If I need to be the poster boy for defending the bike lanes, I will absolutely do that. We need to be able to just bike in freedom,” Avery told The Post in 2019.

Avery played in the NHL from 2000 through 2012 for the Red Wings, Kings, Rangers, Stars and then the Rangers again. While with the Kings, he twice led the NHL in penalty minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CTE is real
I hope he can get some help while he's alive
Till They Put Me Under
It's Festival Time

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:59 pm

“100 percent,” Avery answered. “Ask around.”

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

He's going to pick the wrong person one day and get shot :-k

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Post by hockeygame3 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:52 am

Barzal agrees to eight-year contract with Islanders
Center could have become restricted free agent after season, commits to New York because 'I love it here'

NHL Training Camp Buzz: Boeser resumes skating for Canucks
Sturm doesn't play for Sharks in Global Series Challenge; Perunovich of Blues to have shoulder surgery

Talbot out 5-7 weeks for Senators with upper-body injury
Goalie was acquired in trade with Wild; Ottawa claims Hellberg off waivers

Hall likely to miss start of season for Bruins with upper-body injury
Forward week to week, had 61 points in 2021-22

The Bruins will be without three regulars when they open the season; forward Brad Marchand had hip surgery in May and is expected to return in late November. Defenseman Charlie McAvoy had shoulder surgery in June and was expected to need six months to recover. Defenseman Matt Grzelcyk also had shoulder surgery and could return in November. :-

hockeygame3
RatDog.Org Member
RatDog.Org Member

Re: It's a great day for hockey 2022-2023

Post by hockeygame3 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:04 am

Friday, Oct 7

San Jose@ Nashville
2:00 PM ET
BSSO, NBCSCA NHLN
2022 NHL Global Series (O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic)
Last edited by hockeygame3 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.